Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Off Road rim/tire options?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roundeye

Roundeye

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LA (Lower Alabama)

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:58 PM

One for you other Subie off-roaders: What options are there for larger rims? I have the stock 13" 4-lug wagon wheels on my '85 4WD D/R GL wagon. It needs more tire. Fender wells are self-clearanced via rust:D so I'm not worried about rub. If I need more room, I'll lift it and break out the saws-all to make even more room in the fender wells (whats left of them):drunk:

I have heard that Puegot's rims will fit, but I can find none....they have long-since been removed from this area.......turned into coffee tables or put in the river for fish beds just like any French car should be.:lol:

#2 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Yeah Peugeots work any 504 or 505 model Peugeot. Otherwise you can redrill your hubs into a 6 lug configuration to fit toyota rims. You may also drill toyota rims into the subaru 4 lug pattern. There aren't many options for the stock 13" rims, so you'll need to do one of the above to get any sort of bigger off road tires. Use the search function to find some info I posted.

#3 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:04 PM

you can get 14 and 15" toyota/nissan/mazda rims with teh 6 lug pattern. 2 of the holes line up, then you can drill and taper 2 new holes. even weld up the 4 useless holes after to make it look good. Or do the six lug conversion which isnt much harder.

#4 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

There are also some companies that will make up custom wheel sets, but you're talking at least $100 a wheel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users