Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Death to DRL. (legacy)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_subeman90_*

Guest_subeman90_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:14 PM

I found this web site. I tried the procedure and it works. Use the method for the 00 legacy not the 02 because the guy is crazy to do all that work....here ya go:

www.lightsout.org/disable.html as a refrence or:

2000 SUBARU LEGACY. Look underneath the dashboard (driver side) and you will see 2 plastic modules bolted to the steering column. One is usually mounted in Horizontal (Seat Belts Module), the other in vertical (DRL Module). One will have only 1 white connector(horizontal-seat belts), the other (vertical-drl module) will have 2, one black and white. We are concerned about the one with 2 connectors mounted vertical. When you look more closely it will probably have blue label with white letters on it. Here is what my said "UNT DRL ASSY AISIN 84067AE00A," also that module has 2 aluminum plates attached on both sides of the plastic box. Don't unplug the black connector because you will loose most of the functionality of your headlights, just remove the white one. Everything else will work fine, except no more DRL's.

DON'T FLAME ME.......THIS IS JUST INCASE ANYBODY WAS INTERESTED..........

Matt

#2 Guest_meep424_*

Guest_meep424_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2002 - 05:06 AM

I'm dreaming of a toggle switch...

#3 Guest_Frag_*

Guest_Frag_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2002 - 08:58 AM

Do I understand that when I will see nothing coming in the distance it will be you? :)
Not flaming, just poking you with my Bic.

#4 Guest_rcoaster_*

Guest_rcoaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2002 - 12:51 PM

Oh Crikey...

NoHoJoe got to him! :)

#5 Guest_SmashPDX_*

Guest_SmashPDX_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2002 - 02:29 PM

Ha ha ha :lol:

I'll put this in the archives when folks are done yakking about it.

#6 Guest_subeman90_*

Guest_subeman90_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2002 - 02:11 PM

hey Frag: never bring a bic to a Zippo fight! :evil:

I wish I had a toggle switch too.

Matt

#7 Guest_gbhrps_*

Guest_gbhrps_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2002 - 06:07 PM

Death to DRL? You obviously haven't driven enough times in dense fog with white knuckles, hoping that ALL of the cars coming at you have DRL's that work, so that you can see them... before you have to make that left turn onto or off of the highway.

#8 Guest_SmashPDX_*

Guest_SmashPDX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2002 - 11:18 PM

If folks want to debate the merits of DRL I'd appreciate it if they'd start another thread... because I want to put this thread into the archives as a "tech article" and I already know that if folks start debating the merits/demerits this thing is going to be 50 posts long and most of it will have nothing to do with wiring :D

#9 Guest_subeman90_*

Guest_subeman90_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2002 - 04:49 AM

I'm not even going to get into it with that guy. I will leave the colorful language out of it etc. But one small point....people are too dumb in general to understand DRL in things like fog......why you ask? Most people are too dumb to realize they have not tail light on... so instead of hitting them head on now you will rear end them.

Hey smash: If you want to archive it. Lock it and do it now.

Matt

#10 Guest_SmashPDX_*

Guest_SmashPDX_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2002 - 09:30 AM

Done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users