Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What happens if....injector time.

WJM

On the right, a STOCK EA82T injector...on the left...same item, but with the ugly yellow/orange plastic 'accidentally' broken off of it completely....

INJECTORS.jpg

I wonder what kind of difference this makes towards flow or spray pattern or what not....

what would not be good about it....? Ive not got a clue really.
Why don't you send it to me with $25.00? I'll put up the other $25.00 and immediately send it off to RC Engineering. Upon return of the injectors, I'll scan the result and send them both back to you so shipping will be evened out. What do you say?

We can keep the results to ourselves and charge everyone on the board mucho bucks for an injector upgrade and live happily ever after. :brow:

Why don't you send it to me with $25.00? I'll put up the other $25.00 and immediately send it off to RC Engineering. Upon return of the injectors, I'll scan the result and send them both back to you so shipping will be evened out. What do you say?

We can keep the results to ourselves and charge everyone on the board mucho bucks for an injector upgrade and live happily ever after. :brow:

:banana: Sounds like a plan!

Thats an intersting idea..

Funny thing is, I already have a set of those in the garage cut just like that..

The WRX guys do it with their stock injectors.. brings the flow from stock (440cc I believe) to ~720. I know one guy locally that is using them in an 02 WRX wagon putting down ~285 at the wheels.

Hey, this is Tex on my GF's machine.

Our injectors are a needle valve type. Modern WRX injectors are a disc style.

Our cover helps shape the spray pattern. By cutting it off, we could lose atomization of the fuel and thus not be as effecient.

The screen on the wrx injector (from all that i've read/heard) is actually what fuji uses to set the flow rate of the injector. Example: STi injectors are the same... but with a different screen on them.

I think for our injectors to flow more we would have to increase the size of the bore and the size of the needle that fills it.

this is kind of what i meant.

Hey, this is Tex on my GF's machine.

Our injectors are a needle valve type. Modern WRX injectors are a disc style.

Our cover helps shape the spray pattern. By cutting it off, we could lose atomization of the fuel and thus not be as effecient.

The screen on the wrx injector (from all that i've read/heard) is actually what fuji uses to set the flow rate of the injector. Example: STi injectors are the same... but with a different screen on them.

I think for our injectors to flow more we would have to increase the size of the bore and the size of the needle that fills it.

with the new fuel system I am going to have on my spyder intake...it will make changing injectors a 5 mins job...so I am going to try both sets of injectors and see whats going to happen.

I did look at the plastic on the end before i posted...and I did figure by the shape of the exit at the needle...it did have something to do with the spray.

injector flow rates...

that being said where/who has the sheet to show flow rates for EA82 and the ER27 injectors for comparison AND for comparison from the cleaning that you guys are thinking of doing.,....

inquireing minds and all that

Kevin has them.

My 2 cents is that it is primarily for spray pattern. Mess with it and atomization will be affected.

A couple of secondary possible purposes would be:

1)for tuning of spray pattern (i.e. - change angle of divergence and/or depth of passage), or

2)ease of machining... pintle and seat machining separate from orifice/atomizer, or

3)some protection for projecting pintle.