Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part no. H7110FS201 vs. H7110AS011?!

I own a 2000 Subaru Forester Dynastar edition into which the dealer has just put an alarm system ... I think. The part they billed me for on the invoice is H7110FS201, listed as "SECURITY SYST." And an alarm does now arm when I use my keyless entry, but I'm having my doubts after I found I couldn't trip the shock sensor feature, even when I stood on the running boards and rocked the Forester back and forth big time.

Q#1: Is the factory setting for shock sensor sensitivity really low on Subarus?

But there's more. Looking under the steering column, I saw to my great surprise the original keyless entry unit (Part No. H7110AS011) with all the new alarm wiring going directly to it. The alarm emergency overrride button, the valet switch and flashing armed light all have been routed into the existing keyless entry unit that was installed in my Sube at the factory (judging from the layer of dust on unit.) Looking at the pin description listing on the keyless entry unit, it looks like I was given an alarm system by simply connecting a pre-installed capacity in my H7110AS011. But the dealer charged for a separate (and expensive!) part that they never installed.

Q#2: Have I been had? Anyone had experience with an upgraded H7110AS201 factory keyless entry versus a new H7110FS201 "Security System Upgrade - Forester/Impreza (98MY~)" ??

Well, I think part of the answer to your first question is in your post. You asked about the SCHOCK sensor but you were rocking your car. Trying doing things like kicking the tires (Steel toed boot recommended :D ) or pulling the wiper blades up and letting them flop against the windsheild really hard. Both of those things will cause the factory alarm in my STi to honk at me. I'm not sure if rocking the car will do set it off.

As for the parts, I don't know what to tell you. In theroy the wiring is already there at the factory keyless entry module to add a stand alone alarm. Personally I'd go back to the dealer and aske them where that parts on the invoice goes. Better yet, stop at the parts counter and talk to them first, but don't tell them you just had it "installed." Just asked them for a price on that part number and where it lives on the car. You could probably do it over the phone.

Keith

• 1 year later...

I think the h7110as011 is the keyless entry module that may or may not have come with the car. The h7110fs201 is the security upgrade that does however just plug into the module. The security upgrade comes with a speaker and a shock sensor.

The only time I set off the shock sensor on our MY01 OBW is when I drop my utility trailer onto the ball hitch. I've never set it off any other way.

I've parked next to a couple of Harleys once and they set off several car alarms in the area when they started up, but the Subie just sat there quietly minding it's own business:D.

Ummm... you guys do realize this thread was started in 2004, right?

I doubt the original poster is still around, it was their only post ever.

But while I'm here, I'll offer my opinion that a dealer is sometimes a horrible place to get keyless entry / security stuff added. I was quoted something like $400 to just add keyless entry to my wife's TS... I did it myself by ordering the module online for around $65 and it took me about five minutes to install while I was waiting in the line at the carwash. Remove three screws, plug in module, done.

Steve

i'm still giggling over running boards....

I assume the reference was actually supposed to be to "door sills", but "running boards" does bring to mind pictures of long-gone models.

and whats a dynastar edition, no floorborads and foot power?

Is that the model that comes with a lifetime supply of Flintstone vitamins ;) ?

• 2 years later...

...all joking aside, I would like to revive this thread...

Anyone out there know for sure what the part number is for the factory installed alarm vs. the dealer add on? Mine is all jacked up, the module is H7110AS011 and does not have the reset button on it. There is no reset button anywhere for it. The dash lights stay on regardless of the various tips I have read on this forum and elsewhere. Anyone savvy on this thing please post up. This is in a 97 Outback.

• 2 weeks later...
...all joking aside, I would like to revive this thread...

Anyone out there know for sure what the part number is for the factory installed alarm vs. the dealer add on? Mine is all jacked up, the module is H7110AS011 and does not have the reset button on it. There is no reset button anywhere for it. The dash lights stay on regardless of the various tips I have read on this forum and elsewhere. Anyone savvy on this thing please post up. This is in a 97 Outback.

i have this on my 97 gt and the reset button is 'tightly taped' to the wiring harness about half way between the unit and where it 'taps' into the main car harness.

mine goes into 'alarm' mode when i remove the battery, but unlike my 97 outback, it does not prevent the car from starting or sound the horn, just blinks a lot.