Ultimate Subaru Message Board

(mileage check) Who's got the mileage record?

My dads 90 legacy lasted 350,000 miles +-1000 or two.
I work with a guy who has a Loyale with 387,000 miles on an original motor. He drives it everyday and his driveway is a mile long dirt road. And thats in Colorado Snow/mud for a third of every year

I have 179,000 on the clock on my '94 Legacy Gt, however my odometer/speedometer wasn't working for just under a year, while i had a high milage sales job, so i guesstimate 250 k, original moter and tranny.

I don't do much writing on this forum * I'm usally on the older generation board. But I was just looking around and saw this. Well hows this about 750,000+ on a 1979 brat. *engine has been rebuilt twice, once by me* Was orignial owned by my dad who sold it to sold guy in arizona. I moved back there in arizona found the guy and bought it back from him for 200 dollars and got the spare parts brat too. My dad and the guy Jon kept records of everything they did. I've put 12,000 on it this year alone. I'm hoping to keep it till it reaches 1 million miles! (hmm how far is it to the moon?)

On the high mileage subaru website, it says that if you have had any major repair work done (ie..rebuilt, new block) your Subaru is not a true high miler. It makes sense. If my engine kicked the bucket at 290K and I dropped a fresh out of the crate EJ22 into it I could drive another 300K plus. It is my personal opinion that the milage should only count as far as the engine and tranny. If we all judged by the miles on the body then I know of alot of kenworth, peterbuilt and MAC trucks that would be sitting in the bone yard. Not to mention planes and trains.

You know what they say..."Opinions are like ________, everyone has one."

My windshield is cracked and chipped like you would not believe but I am not changing it because I moved to FL and it will most likely never have to deal with gravel trucks and mountains again. Maybe some stress crack from wheelin..
Not to hijack this thread but, here in michigan, there are so many small rocks lying around. The other day, I got 3 rock chips in a row...two of them made a crack in the bottom of the windshield...:banghead:

I had an 84 4WD wagon that died at 343,000.. Original drive train too.. Blew up cuz a heater hose blew, and I didn't know it cuz the temperature gauge never worked right.. (Always read right below the low side of the normal range) and one day it read in the middle and I was like oh hey it finally figured out how to warm up.. then it started pinging and then it died.. Never ran again more than 10 miles with that motor :-( I coulda fixed it but at that point I was like GRR so I just dropped another motor in)

And my GF's car has 319,000 on it, not the original heads, but everything else is original (I *ThinK* the tranny has been replaced, not sure) but it all works :D