Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

er27 in hatchwith no lift questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

so... if i have no lift and i move my er27 back about 2 inches, it shouldnt be any worse on the cvs than cranking in stock length, right? ea81 hatch.
i konw about the frame rail fitment.

#2 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:25 PM

you mean the backwards angle the axles will have? Lock to lock the outer cv almost reaches its max angle as it is. you wont be able to go much further. I tried when I was fitting a front diff up front, and it didnt work.

#3 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

so your saying the cv axles have to be straight out from the tranny... i guess the up and down motion, and the forward angle, might make for binding?

#4 Scoobywagon

Scoobywagon

Evil Genius (tm) for Hire

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Bremerton-like

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:26 AM

My question is, how do you intend to keep that engine from sucking the rest of that little car in through the intake and spitting it out through the exhaust?? :grin:

#5 All_talk

All_talk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • Thorp (Ellensburg)

Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:32 PM

The inner DOJ will handle the same angle fore and aft as it will up and down, a 2” rear shift shouldn’t exceed that. The real issue is the outers CVs, chances are they wont tolerate more than stock maximum angle (inside wheel at full steering lock), measure this angle then modify the steering rack so you don’t exceed it with the tranny in the new position, the down side, larger turning radius. Also note that the stock geometry will have the axles near straight at normal conditions, the greater angle will reduce the shaft life.

Gary

#6 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

i was thnking of leavin the crossmember where it is, and just moving the tranny crossmember, and the engine/tranny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users