Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommendation?

I've never owned a Subaru, but know plenty of people who love them. We're looking for another car, and I recently looked at a 90' Loyale Wagon, AT, High Roof, with Turbo and AWD. The seller owns the repair shop it was at, and he's totally reconditioned the car (original miles 98K) from stem to stern. Undercoating, new tires, engine, etc. The car ran and drove great. He wants more than blue book ($4,500) but as he said, it's essentially a new car. Any advice or recommendations on this vehicle? Also, was there ever a 3rd seat option on this wagon? New to Subaru...Kowboy

there was never a 3rd seat option and I would say GET IT cause that is one of those rarities that it is a 90 loyale with the turbo period and to top that off with full time 4WD and then being a touring wagon on top of that it is as rare as hens teeth so if he has gone through that car all the way I would say that is a good deal on that

$4500 seems awfully $alty for a loyale. Go lower, even if it is rare thats just too much, these aren't collectable cars.

That one is to me.

Still...$4500 is a bit much...ask for a 1 yr warrenty parts and labor and I would call it a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the input, but I passed on that car. This would be my wife's car for the most part, so I found a nice 93' Legacy Wagon, super good shape, and got that for a little less. I actually found a dust deflector at a local junk yard and installed that today, so other than some tires in the next 20k miles, it's good to go. I've checked out the Nokian's and think I'll be getting those, as they aren't much more than a really good all-season tire. The Tire Factory dealer said they'd been getting around 70k out of the NRW-T. Sure is a lot of good information on these boards for a new Subie owner. Thanks, Kowboy

Hey Kowboy, seeing how I'm just down the Hwy from you, whats this local yard in Enumclaw?

Welcome to the board btw.

Local to the area, it's in Auburn/Kent, Asian Autos. Very small yard on 262nd, off 3rd, next to all the big yards down by the river...just not in a van. Good luck calling them though, I wasn't sure he understood what I meant, so had to go down there...you live in the scratch? Thanks for the welcome...K