Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is an XT6 Off Road Beast Worth??

A week or so ago, I posted my XT6 on Toyota Axles for sale on the board. I got very few responses, I'm guessing because I was asking too much for it.

The car was a huge hit at WCSS6. I really like this car, I just like building things even more so I want to start my next project (the long legged hatchback).

So what do you people think it's worth??

Also, I'm looking for a nice hatchback for my next project.....

Here is a link to the old post: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23022

Thanks,

Mike

ya, i drive subarus and hangout in the older generation forum, cuz i have very little cash flow, but it still allows me to make alot of 1000 bucks, or less. you might have to try ebay, or the xt6 boards, or some other place, that attracts peepl with more money than brains :lol:. 4500 is way less than you would ever pay for a lifted toyota with all the goodies, but i guess thats just the way subarus are. most peepl see them as throwaway cars.

look at the average xt6 price on the web, and its around 2500 bucks, add all the work, and stuff... man you gotta find the right buyer =]

I'm with them. It's not what it's worth here, it's what folks will pay. Not much. You may or may not have any luck with eBay. Autotrader is probably the best place for it, people can view it nation wide.

I've offered up a few of my lifted rigs in Auto Trader, and mostly I got calls from folks saying they had a brat and wanted to know how to lift and upgrade theirs.

Might be easier to part it out.....

please don't do that, it may be easier, but this is a one of a kind car. It'll probably be hard to find someone willing to pay what you put in to it. I'd say, if you have the means, hang on to it. If not, try cars.com, autotrader, etc. if you get nothing there, then default to ebay.

BTW, it has been crossposted on xt6.net

Tell you what, hang on to it for about 4 more months. I have a settlement coming and I would be more than happy to give $2500+ for it. I think it would look awesome in my driveway next to my stock one and I love stuff thats unique. Not to mention fun to 4X. Btw, I should be sending you a vid tape from the show soon :brow:

Sounds great Turbone! You don't happen to have a nice hatcback for partial trade do you??? I'd love to find someone with a sweet little hatchback and $2000 bucks!!!! I'm talking about one as nice as Zap's little ozified hatch (with or without the lift).

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll sit tight for a while, I'd like to see it go to someone on the board. Either that or I'll part out the body and use the running gear and engine/tranny to build a hardcore trail buggy.

Mike