Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ideal camber angle for lift + offroad tires

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 88HatchMonster

88HatchMonster

Back in the Hatch

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Shelburne, VT

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:12 PM

Hi All,
I'm working on repositioning my strut top mounts on my '88 ea-81 hatch w/ 4" lift and 28.5" Swamper TSLs.
I started out with a strut top position that equated to stock which gave (I believe) a 3 degree positive camber.
While that isn't terrible, I think that it is a little too much for running my swampers on the pavement and I think they're gonna be bald on the outside edge in no time flat.
So I'm making the strut top position adjustable so I can set it to anything from -1 degree to +3 degrees.

What I'm wondering is what is everyone's opinion on an optimum camber angle for running offroad tires?

What is the angle on most trucks with IFS? That might be something to shoot for...
Thanks for any insight in advance!

#2 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:28 PM

I run about .5 deg negative on mine. However the tire is so wide and flat that you can't see or feel a difference between about 3 deg positive and 3 deg negative.

#3 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

can anyone verifiably say what stock camber is on the subaru's - for EA-81 & -82 ?

Just curious.

#4 88HatchMonster

88HatchMonster

Back in the Hatch

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Shelburne, VT

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

can anyone verifiably say what stock camber is on the subaru's - for EA-81 & -82 ?

Just curious.

I think it actually says in the owner's manual and that it is 3 degrees positive, but unfortunately I'm away from my lovely sube all week so I can't check until the weekend...

#5 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

thats probably close, cause the positive camber is visible stock. I have my car at somewhere between 0 and 2, and it looks less noticeable but I have yet to do any road or high speed testing.

#6 SubaSkeet

SubaSkeet

iDesert Destroyer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:00 AM

2nd on the 3+ camber for the ea82's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users