Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've got 10K on the clock of my '04 Forrester XT and I need new tires already. What's a good H or V rated all season tire for this wagon?

I've been using the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T since last winter on my '00 Forester L. They are a very good all-season tire.

My second choice would be the Firestone Affinty. I have these on my wife's Toyota Camry V6 LE.

~Howard

:banana:

Have the Affinities on my MB and there are nice, but if you can get a set of LeMans (basically a firestone house brand) you will probably like them alot. Was looking for tires for my 98 Outback Sport to replace the OEMs and went to the dealer. He recommended I give them a try instead of higher end/higher priced Potenzas (can't remember which model though), and said if I didn't like them in 30 days bring them back. I took them and loved them. Were not only great in the dry and wet, but worked well in off-road rallies and in the snow (combo of hard pack/ice/powder). I found them to be a good all around tire. Only time I every felt them slip was power sliding in slush :)

Interestingly enough though I never saw anything about them online at bridgestone.com, tirerack or anywhere else so I was a bit leary at first.

Have the Affinities on my MB and there are nice, but if you can get a set of LeMans (basically a firestone house brand) you will probably like them alot. Was looking for tires for my 98 Outback Sport to replace the OEMs and went to the dealer. He recommended I give them a try instead of higher end/higher priced Potenzas (can't remember which model though), and said if I didn't like them in 30 days bring them back. I took them and loved them. Were not only great in the dry and wet, but worked well in off-road rallies and in the snow (combo of hard pack/ice/powder). I found them to be a good all around tire. Only time I every felt them slip was power sliding in slush :)

Interestingly enough though I never saw anything about them online at bridgestone.com, tirerack or anywhere else so I was a bit leary at first.

You will not see them on the Firestone or Bridgestone sites. Tirerack only carries NAME brands; not a company's "store brand" line.

You can see LeMans at:

LeMans Tires

It does look like they are made by Bridgestone/Firestone. By the way Bridgestone owns Firestone.

~Howard

:banana: