Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Florida Subaru meet and greet 01-15-05 Orlando, FL

Some of you might know me from the newer gen board, some might not. We are all here for the love of the cars. Having said that I would like to try to plan a meeting of all Florida Subaru lovers. I don't care what kind of Subaru you drive, as long as you do drive it.

Saturday January 15th, 2005

Winter Park, FL (Orlando area)

Twistee Treat at 3000 N. Goldenrod Rd.

Please see the 2nd page for directions.

Contact me with ?'s and comments.

Got a Roo? Love Roo's? Interested in owning a Subaru? Join us and see what the fuss is about.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good deal. Hey subyluvrr.....care to chime in? Got any suggestions? I want this to be an all-roo crowd. Do you think we should have a year cut off? Do we really want a whole feild full of Stock WRX's that was bought with college fund money or mommy and daddy paid for it? I can umderstand if it tricked out or old...but new stock....blah. Correct me if I am wrong. Besides..most of the new Roo crowd has no clue what the Roo is about. (like it's some car cult)

The only suggestion I can say at this point is show up for Mastro Subaru's big meet November 20th in Tampa. It's going to be a big WRX/STi fest as usual, so I have absolutely no problem representing the old-school Soobs there.

As for a more personal meet, I say just come up with something for us to do: a restaurant for us to eat at, a fun road for us to drive, a local attraction for us to see, something along those lines. I did this very thing last month here in Orlando for Alcyones (XT/XT6/SVX). I planned the whole event, and it was a success, everyone had a great time.

But if you do come up with something worthwhile that's on a weekend, I'm definitely up for it.

Anybody have any dates in mind. I was thinking we could have the meet outside the twistee treat on Goldenrod in winterpark, FL. There is a big parking lot there. Froggers in Oviedo, FL is also a pretty sweet location. It really doesn't matter to me as long as there is plenty of parking for everyone. Anybody have a place in mind besides what I mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

WOO HOO! I GOT IT!

Saturday January 15th

High Noon at the Twistee Treat on Goldenrod Rd in Winter Park, FL. (3000 N. Goldenrod Rd)

From I-4 take highway 50 east to Goldenrod road and make a left. It is about 2 miles down on the left.

From I-95 Take 520 or 50 into orlando and continue east untill you get to goldenrod road and make a right. 2 miles ahead on the left.

If you need instructions from anywhere else please go to www.mapquest.com and do a search or shoot me an e-mail.

I am looking forward to a good turnout and hope to meet some future friends seeing as to how I will either be living in Orlando very very soon or shortly after the meet.

This is open to all Subaru owners! Everyone who owns one or owned one is welcome though.

• 3 weeks later...

I noted this thread awhile ago.. but had forgotten all about it. I have been officially reminded.:cool: Geez.. I'm gonna have to come up with some cash.. this one on the 15th.. then I've got one with my Bronco pals on the 29th out in central AL.

Oh yeah.. and this has to be said: TWISTEE TREAT!!! :banana:chili.gif:banana: Heh.. sorry. I dont get out much. brownbag.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hell yeah man!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Sorry I haven't been on here much, this thing with my brain is realy sucking. My wife also kiled the HD on my laptop and I find myself needing a new one. HD that is.

I will try to contact eveyone that is interested in going by e-mail in the days leading up to the meet.