Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone else going to the rallyX in Orange VA

I'll be a no show for this one. Working on Seusical the Musical at the theatre and have a few fabrication projects to finish up.

Let me know how bumpy the track has gotten so I can decide whether to bring the RX(lowered a bit) or if it's going to bottom out. If standard WRX's aren't having any problems, I shouldn't either.

Say Hi to Blaster88 (I forget his name) and tell him to whomp on some WRX's for me.

Jay

I'll be there, but as "management." Not that I don't want to run, but they need a little help on some things so I'm lending my expertise on timing/scoring. Attached is a picture of me from the last time. It's a fun course with a good packed surface. Last report was that the surface is a little slick from the rain, but after a few runs by the setup crew and the parade lap, things should be perfect.

Subarubrat, You bringing the STi? I'm guessing you don't have that stage 4 kit on and tuned yet but who knows. Last time I was putting down times in my stock STi that were only a touch slower than the Modified class, and in the afternoon I think with penalties I actually had the fastest single run time. The STi does VERY well if you know how. I'm actually not bringing my STi this time. I'm bringing my Legacy Wagon so I have something to sleep in and work out of with out care of it getting dirty inside.

Also, are you coming out sunday morning or saturday night?

Keith

PS- I have a better picture at home that I'll upload later tonight.

post-960-136027596606_thumb.jpg

ok is this SCCA ran? and it looks like it's different than us cause of we don't use a fixed course and it changes even during the day from one session to another because we use alot of water (which makes ruts) and that it's a open field too

Yup SCCA run, fully sanctioned and meets all the rules and requirements. The basic rules are slow speeds, nothing solid to hit within x feet of the course, and everything can be viewed from one spot.

The course does change from morning to afternoon, and it is a little different each time it's run. It is a series of corners and connecting "roads" that are used, but everything is wide enough that cones are used to change the driven corner each event. Even some of the "straight" sections get cones to change how corners are approached or corners are exited. The course is run in one direction in the morning, and then reversed in the afternoon.

More info can be found at http://www.dcrally.com

Keith

yeah sounds like it's different then cause we use the standard classes like in pro/club rally with the exception of adding a truck/suv class

as in:

Open

Production GT

Production

Group 2

Group 5

truck/SUV

and the course changes radicaly from one event to another and isn't a sat course as in roads already sat and stuff

yeah sounds like it's different then cause we use the standard classes like in pro/club rally with the exception of adding a truck/suv class

It's intersting that you say that. Technically you can't actually do that, and that's the biggest problem with the current Rallycross rules. (I'm working on trying to solve that) Since there are strict things that you can and can't do with a car for each class it becomes imposible for you to really follow the classes. Example, I don't think anybody running a turbo car is willing to put a restrictor on the turbo to match the rules. Lots of stuff like that that become to ambiguous unless you set all these defenitions for the classes in your sups, and then you're not really using those classes anyway. Just as a point certain trucks and SUVs are already covered in a truck class that is a subset of the PGT rules. I'm not saying that it's wrong, or not correct or anything. I'm just sharing that with you to explain why we on the east coast have decided to do a much simpler approach and devide into basic stock vs. modified classes.

Keith

Keith

that's understandable they are not strict with the open class rules and the truck/suv class is sat up more like open but for the trucks and suvs to run and if you want the site for our setup it's www.oregonrally.com and just look under rallycross and the other exclusion of the rules is instead of prod being just 2wd the smaller bored 4wd's can run in it also cause of the unfair advantage of the higher capacity 4wd/awd's of PGT but IIRC we are sorta folowing the actual rulebook on that too so who knows lol it's a bunch of gobbledygook on article 11 as it is! and who knows what next year will bring also cause there has been word that even rallyX will be going with the staged rally stuff from SCCA

who knows what next year will bring also cause there has been word that even rallyX will be going with the staged rally stuff from SCCA

If you've got thoughts feel free to PM me with them. I'm the Blue Mountain Region SCCA Rally director, and I'm trying to get in touch with people at National level to try and get working on a REAL set of rallycross rules for next year.

Keith