Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The LIST of AWD cars

Guest DaneInBalto

State of California has posted an exhaustive lists of AWD vehicles sold in the US:

<a href=http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/StdPage.asp?Body=/Geninfo/Otherinfo/AllWheel.htm</a>

(AWD vehicles can't go on single roller smog equipment).

DaneInBalto

Guest subibertie

I just scanned the list quickly and looked under Jaguar. It states that all Jaguars are FWD. Wrong. The new X-type is AWD for example. I'm sure that there will be other errors.

Subibertie

97 OB 4EAT

Guest richierich

In Oregon, they do not put ANY 4WD Subarus on dynos, matter of fact they did not even put the 2WD XT6 on the dyno.

Probably only took on idiot putting on a FT4wd Subaru to figure out that it is best just to let them all slide, fine by me, it is way easier to mess with a car that does have to go on a dyno to get it to pass emissions.

Guest SubaruJunkie

The idiot here in california put my car on a dyno. He had it in 2WD but he set the parking brake.

I had to go out there and yell at him.

-Brian-

Guest Bud Subaru

Thats nothin! Not once but twice have they put my 94 astro (2wd, rwd) on the rollers, with the front wheels on. I could only stop them once. Boy! you should see the look on their face when the van jumps them rollers! Funny thing is, they always ask me before they put it on the rollers, but they always get it wrong. BTW, the first time, when i didn't catch them, it did no damage to the van, but sure %^$#@ up their fan.

Guest DaneInBalto

I don't think the CA smog list is quite updated. That's probably why they missed the Jag.

As far as Toyota goes, only the ones that have non-defeatable AWD are qualified to go on a list of cars that can't be smog tested on single rollers. I guess that means that all Toyota All-Trac vehicles from the late 80's and early 90's should be on there (Corolla, Celica, Camry, Previa). And don't some of the late 4Runners have automatic part-time 4WD too? Is that what you were referring to, AWD OWNZ U?

Guest DaneInBalto

I guess the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe duo should also be on there, but they are not old enough to require smog testing yet.

DaneInBalto