Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Engine Immobilizer standard. What is it?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 njkayaker

njkayaker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:26 AM

i saw the list of features for 2005 foresters and they list an Engine Immobilizer as standard. i can't find any reference to it in the owners manual. are we talking about some type of security feature? thanks, steve

#2 NOMAD327

NOMAD327

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • danville, PA

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:37 AM

Usually that is a feature where the motor will not start if the security system is alarming.

#3 njkayaker

njkayaker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:42 AM

LOL. that is pretty funny that the immobilizer comes standard but the security system does not. i am looking at upgrading the keyless entry to a subaru security system.this site has them for $136 but i'm not sure how difficult the installation is. i'm pretty mechanically inclined.http://subaru.autowe...81_201_1345.php

#4 njkayaker

njkayaker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:00 AM

i found what it is. thanks anyway. for anyone else interested here is a write up.

steve
http://www.drivesuba..._QuickStops.htm

#5 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,486 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:42 AM

http://www.drivesuba..._QuickStops.htm

Can you say $50 for extra keys for any car with this, and they have to be ordered from the dealer. :(

I guess it's worth the money though when you consider what it does.

Keith

#6 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:56 AM

I upgraded my 01 Forester to a keyless entry (suppose to be standard equipment:mad: ) and it was easy. Just a box under the dash.

Then I upgraded to a security system. Easy install. A screwdriver is all you'll need. Subaru installation instructions are great!

Good Luck
Glenn,
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester, Push bar, spoiler, wood dash, keyless entry, security system soon to have rock sliders and tweeter kit. All were easy installs.

#7 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

If you buy a subaru OEM alarm or keyless entry, they are pretty much plug and play. Just as long as the system was made for your vehicle (OB, legacy, imprezza, baha....)

Look on Ebay. I see them going pretty cheap all the time. Some are used some are new. All pretty cheap.

Does anyone know if they offered KE for the 90 legacy?

#8 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:11 AM

No, but since you most likely have power door locks, you could get an aftermarket system and install it. Just don't complain if it screws up, after all, it is aftermarket :rolleyes:

#9 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:48 AM

I'm a professional installer...I am just too lazy to do all the work. Besides it is 90...nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users