Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just spent a lot of money replacing head gaskets, radiator, and spark plugs, wires, timing belt on my 2001 Subaru Legacy, which has about 60,000 miles. A week later one of my fuel injectors went bad. Could this have been caused by the previous repair job?

I just spent a lot of money replacing head gaskets, radiator, and spark plugs, wires, timing belt on my 2001 Subaru Legacy, which has about 60,000 miles. A week later one of my fuel injectors went bad. Could this have been caused by the previous repair job?

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem. It is possible, but very unlikely that your fuel injector was damaged during the servicing of your car.

Please tell us a little more about the head gasket failure. Was it an INTERNAL head gasket failure? Was it repaired under warranty, I hope? That's pretty early for a radiator to be replaced. Was the radiator tied into the head gasket failure? It will interesting to see many 2.5L Phase II engines eventually develop

internal head gasket failures.