Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey everybody. This being my first post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say hello. I'm looking forward to learning all about Subaru's since I'm strongly considering a 2005 Legacy GT. I fell in love with the sedan version after I test drove one earlier this week. Even though my heart is telling me to go for the sedan, I think a wagon might be more practical. My wife and I need the extra space to cart stuff to and from the house. My VW Jetta simply doesn't cut it anymore. Is the GT Wagon as FUN to drive as the sedan? Is the 61.7 cu. ft. space "enough" for most typical lugging of stuff to and from Home Depot/taking road trips/4 sets of golf clubs, etc? Other than being a few inches higher off the ground, does the 2005 Outback Wagon XT have any advantages over the Legacy GT Wagon? Also, has anybody else who ultimately selected a wagon regreted not opting for a Forester or another SUV?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

They are all fun to drive. I love my wagon and wouldn't trade it for the world. Subaru wagons break the "boring grocery getter" mold. You know you liked the lines of the wagon. I think the new leagacys look like BMW's from the headlights. Get the wagon. Tons of room, great gas milage....and it's a Roo so you know it will last forever. Alot longer than that farfignugen thing you were driving.

Subaru...driven by whats inside!

Hey everybody. This being my first post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say hello. I'm looking forward to learning all about Subaru's since I'm strongly considering a 2005 Legacy GT. I fell in love with the sedan version after I test drove one earlier this week. Even though my heart is telling me to go for the sedan, I think a wagon might be more practical. My wife and I need the extra space to cart stuff to and from the house. My VW Jetta simply doesn't cut it anymore. Is the GT Wagon as FUN to drive as the sedan? Is the 61.7 cu. ft. space "enough" for most typical lugging of stuff to and from Home Depot/taking road trips/4 sets of golf clubs, etc? Other than being a few inches higher off the ground, does the 2005 Outback Wagon XT have any advantages over the Legacy GT Wagon? Also, has anybody else who ultimately selected a wagon regreted not opting for a Forester or another SUV?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Get the wagon. The forester is just the impreza with a raised roof, like the outback is a legacy with a raised roof. The impreza is a smaller vehicle but not a true SUV.

Unless you need to tow something or need to go hard core off-road you will not be disappointed with the outback wagon. I have owned many subarus and many suv, 4runners,pathfinders, landcrusier, etc. The Subaru is far superior to them in every way expect for towing, hard core off-road. And they will more than make up for them in the gas mileage, maintenance costs, comfort, etc.