Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 to 1992 What Can I Take!

This Might Be A nOOb question, but I have access to a 2005 legacy front right side firedamage parts car! The engine has been sold to pay for the car, but everything else is in it! I Have a 92 legacy Ls 4wd with 345K.... i'm wondering what can I take FRom The 2005 And Put Into My 92 :o Im Going to Go take the rims and tires off the 2005 and put them on the 92.. But what else can i Take From the 2005 And Put On the 92???? Seats? gauges? ect... ? Any Ideas or Help....

Thanks for your time... And Feel free to call me a nOOb for this Post.

first of all: awesome picture.. halo is quality

second, This a new-er generation quetion, you'd probaly get more answers if you got this post over there.

third, i have a '92 AWD legacy SW, and you have a sweet deal. i'm not sure about the seats, but i bet they'd be close to being able to fit if they didn't. take the speakers! i don't know what the '04's had, but i know the speakers in my wagon were something that were promptly replaced upon my aquisition. while you're at it, if it has a nice deck or anything, take it.

EDIT!- Dohh I put 2004... but its a 2005!!! 2.5 i Wagon

TY.. Red Vs Blue Rocks!!!!

I Have a clarion system. So no need for the speakers [did look at them! very nice and the deck was a 6pack!]

I was thinking about the seats! Think the tracks might be a bit bigger in the 2005... Would be nice to get new seats cause my 92 seats are Old....

So How can i Move this Post?? Or should I rePost? First time here so DONT want to spam..

Very little is swappable. The car has been completely redesigned. About the only thing I could think that would swap over would be the brakes....and I WOULD want to do that, since the brakes on the 05 are far better. If you want to go through the hassle of swapping the booster, it's supposed to be reinforced. I'm not sure whether it will fit though.

Only drawback to the larger brakes is you need larger wheels.

Ok.. So brakes, tires, seats (if they fit).... and Some floor mats!:rolleyes: -- Could I put the Gauges In? Cause they Look Sooo Nice!!!!

So.... What kind of model year would be good to steal parts from for my 92 Ls? 92-95 model years? ect..... What Will Fit Into my 92 with out much trouble.. since the 2005 looks like its not going to work :-\

Also what do u guys know and feel about rebuilt salvage cars.... Are they safe? worth the time? and MOney? In canada, it seems to be harder to get them cause the govt insurance companys will not put insurance back on them after they call them salvage, or so im told! But Dam it was SOOO Sad to see this BRAND NEW 2005 Burnt up! And just the Front right Wheel panel! I Wish so bad They would let me Put it back on the road!!!

Some stuff may swap over from the 95-99 legacies, but body interior stuff is usually specific to the generation it's from, ie 90-94.

Only big issue you should worry about with salvage titles is with insurance and getting them insured and/or possibly passing safety inspection afterwards.

Is the Trans still in it?? What kind is it?

Also does it have the turn signals on the Mirrors?

Yes! Only The engine has been taken out.. Everything else is on the car... Tires, seats, lights ect! So Do You think i could take Trans? And Mirrors?

I think the Trans is the 2.5i Limited wagon one..not sure on model number, But im going back this week to check it out some more!