Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch

Guest RolloverbratBoy

Guest RolloverbratBoy

I just installed a clutch with the help of Noah. And now my hill holder likes to stick on. Even after I release the clutch and give it gas:evil: . And my clutch pedal is very lose.

A. is there anything I can about the sticky hill holder. It happens mainly when I back up. so if I pop the clutch I tend to go backwards faster. (i.e. almost hit my moms civic this moring.)

B. How do I tigten my clutch pedal. is there a spring or a bolt. and is it possible to install a new clutch cable.

John Arne

M1025 (HUMMV):cool:

and the best of a '91 LOYEL

Guest thebard17

I can tell you how I adjusted the clutch & hill holder cables in my '92 Loyale...

Look just in front of the spare tire holder, at the top of the engine/transmission. The clutch cable and the hill holder both attach to the clutch release lever right there. You can adjust the cable right there... take a look at www.cybrrpartspro.com/Chi...07_22.HTML

Whether this is your problem... I have no clue :rolleyes: . I don't have enough experience with manual transmissions (auto's... not tractors :D ).

Guest electryc monk

Thebard has the correct cables inmind.... the cable that goes from the clutch fork towarss the front bumper and down under the brake mastercylinder IS THE CABLE that you will want to adjust.

The nut sizes are usually 8mm and 10mm so a pair of wrenches and possibly a cotterkey adjustment with neddlenose plyers may be necessary too...

its not much adj to feel a difference... I'd suggest a total of 3-4 complete turns max on the first two tests of adjusting it.

anyone else????