Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Speed Limiter

Guest Legacy777

I can tell you FOR SURE, that the late model subies are NOT SPEED LIMITED. Yes I know the newer ones are, the first gen legacies haul pretty good rump roast!! I know ;) I personally like the gage layout better...plus the speedo goes to 140 mph rather than 120 mph.

Well it's late...and I'm kinda buzzin...so I hope I don't sound like too big a dork..hehe ;)

Guest Martin90

well i know you can hit atleast 120 mph in the loyale wagons... don't ask how, hehehehe. and i know someone with a 98 2.5 gt and it would top out around there too because the fuel supply would cut off at the redline in 5th or something like that...

Martin

Guest SmashPDX

Road tests that I've read for a '95 and at least one other '95 - '99 Subie Legacy/Outback have indicated that there's a governor on the thing that kicks in at 114MPH. Best place to get an answer is to find a road test for your model (for example, a Road & Track writeup), it'll tell you there plain as day.