Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

steering wheel adapters??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:56 PM

ok i might just be imagining things... but i remember some time ago. probably up to a year ago. there was a post about adapters for some type of steering wheel to subaru... can't remember... but i tried searching and wasn't finding anything out to like 5 months ago. i was wondering if anyone remembers something about it??

if not i guess i'll have to make one of my own... i was bidding on some aftermarket steering wheel and adapter for my subaru on ebay... but we went to comsec!!... and i couldn't get on to ebay to up my bid! :( so i got outbid!!

#2 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,160 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:11 PM

General Disorder has a buddy who was trying to make some MOMO adapters out of old steering wheels. I'm gonna have my friend do the same thing, using my true momo adapter (6 bolt) as a model :)

the post you were referring to I think was for the Grant adapter which is a 5 bolt I think) it is available I think but very pricey....

#3 bajavwnsoobnut

bajavwnsoobnut

Insane Rally Freak

• Members
  • 3,789 posts
  • Milwaukie

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

I think it was 40 bucks for the installation kit for a grant steering wheel but it can be found cheaper maybe at some good discount parts houses

#4 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,791 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:08 PM

I have a MOMO adapter and steering wheel on my wagon: http://usmb.net/gall...DSC00493?full=1

#5 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

Weld an adapter---and do a good job! :lol:

#6 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,791 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, just press out the splined section from a stock wheel and weld or press fit it to a DIY adapter. Shouldn't be too hard.

#7 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:18 PM

you can get a grant adaptor for EA81..then if you wan tyou can use a
grant->momo adaptor....there's nothing for the EA82's. well there will be but you guys aren't gonna hear about it for a few months...

#8 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:35 AM

so from grant i can get an adapter? sweet! cause that's what wheel i was going to go with. just off grant's web page? or just go to autozone when i get home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users