Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift kits

Bkillazrallying

Does anyone know of a lift kit available for a 93 legacy?

The BYB lift kits dont seem to cover anything but the old EA models, and scorpion ones have to be shipped from australia...

So does anyone know of any others?

I'm new to the whole subaru thing, but so far I really like my car, much better than that stupid BMW i had before, and way better than the Ram I had before that.

After finding this site, I really wanna lift mine, some of those look so bad rump roast, and it would certainly be a much better way to offroad than a freaking jeep...

ok done babbling, thanks.

Try www.Ozified.com - they are BYB kits made in America (San Diego) by P.K. Davis. I believe he either has a kit for Legacies or will be coming out with one soon. In my opinion, these are the best d/i/y kits available. If you live or are traveling near Oregon, call Mudrat and he can virtually lift anything to about any height you want. Good luck

Kinda out of your way but mudrat79(John Bloom) makes lift kits for foresters and stuff so i think it would be a safe bet to say that he can make on...

do a search on him and in his sig is his phone #... phone him up and ask...

good luck

How about a lift kit for a 99 Outback wagon? They seem to be a bit different than the Brat.
I already asked PK for an outback wagon lift kit, and he said that he will be start making them next year or so...Not sure exactly when. Best way to find out about this is to email him, since he is a very busy guy don't expect to get a reply soon. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I say go email PK Davis and urge him to make a lift kit for your car asap! The more demand there is for certain products, the more likely they are to come to market faster. If you don't feel like waiting a year, PM or email lepetitprince about lifting options for Outbacks as he has done some reaserch into it for his own car.

• 4 weeks later...
Are these kits an easy install? What all is involved?

I just got another '84 GL Wagon I'd love to lift when I get it painted next spring.

You will need no fancy tools, machineary, or extra parts to install the lift; it's an all inclusive kit. Some have installed it in a single day. The amount of rust on the vehicle will effect how long it takes. Took me 2 weeks at about 2 - 4 hours a night to complete the install. Mine was VERY rusty :(

Not Sure if it is True or Not.....I'll call P.K. to verify, But I think He was giving up on the 2" Body Lift......The New Gen cars are way different in the way things bolt to the Car frame......So there are more Blocking Points......

I can Build a 1 1/2" to 2" Strut/Spring Lift for any 90 or Newer Gen Legacy, Forester, Outback, OutBack Sport, Impreza Sport, Or Baja........ :D:slobber:

Also In doing it this way I gain you Clearance at the Bottom of the strut for larger than Stock diameter tires...... ;) so with lift + tires, you could gain as much as 3 1/3 inches of Ground Clearance........:)

Let me know if your interested......Cost on Most models is 650.00 plus shipping....

Later, John

Indeed, PK doesn't see it as being very economical (and I agree) to make lift kits for the legacys and imprezas. Not only is a lift kit invloved, but the switchout to all new struts from a Outback. The struts a legacy comes with will not allow a bigger tire.

If you wanna lift your legacy, you're gonna have to go to John or figure out how to do it yourself.

Yeah,

I think I'm gonna throw in the towel on the Legacy lift. As Zap says, to fit larger tires (unless 24" is you cup of tea), you have to switch out the struts all around ~ $300+ . Then the lift kit would be ~$450. And then, the strut extensions for the years 1990-1991 are different than 1992-1994 are different than the 1995+ are - egads.

Did they change again in 2000?

For now, I need to focus on the EA81s and EA82s for a bunch.

Regards/ PK

You will need no fancy tools, machineary, or extra parts to install the lift; it's an all inclusive kit. Some have installed it in a single day. The amount of rust on the vehicle will effect how long it takes. Took me 2 weeks at about 2 - 4 hours a night to complete the install. Mine was VERY rusty :(

Is that chassis rust? Mine isn't bad, but I have the always rusted rocker panels and left rear wheel opening. Thanks

he is speaking of the rust you may encounter from the bolts you will need to remove in order to put the lift kit on.ie. your rear shock mount bolts, your rear control arm bolts and such.your front strut rod bolts,differential hanger bolts, all of these can be a real p.i.t.a......

• 6 years later...