Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lifted turbos please check in,,,

tailgatewagon

just wondering who has a lifted turbo ea82 or ea81, just wondering,,

1 what size lift your running

2 what size tires

3 what trany your running

4 how you like it.

im not here to discuse the merits of lifted turbos unless an owner of a lifted turbo is speaking........ sorry but alot of time these treads get caught up in arguments over weather its stupid to lift turbos......anyway thanks all....

My turbowagon has 205-85-15s on peugeot alloys, normal suspension in the front, probably close to a 2" gain in the rear. the front used to sit 2" higher but those struts were blown, replaced them with good GL struts on RX springs. The trans is an RX dual with LSD and 20mm rear sway bar, 20mm front sway bar and RX strut rods. It handles great and I plan to get a 3" lift for it as I don't believe the handling will suffer too much with the sway bars. that's based on how i feel about the way the car drives and based on what i've heard about other lifted turbos.

I dont think it really counts but my wagon was 3" higher in the rear on 195/75/14s

it was a good bit higher than stock and I had considered lifting it more but decied to drop it back down and run shorter tires due to lack of gearing and torque. I just had to slip the clutch too often. the first clutch only lasted 20,000 miles and was rather burnt up (still functional) I changed it because the motor was out.

if I had decent gears I would have gone bigger for sure.

I am in love with my 3/4 lifted EA-81T wagon w/ a 5 spd. D/R. It's got some bald 25" tires and it handles the road great, I like the turbo power and works well for offroading w/ the D/R.

Tailgate: My car is currently in Missoula, but when I get it out to Bozeman (going to school here) we will have to go out for some offroading in the Sube's. Good luck w/ the lift.

sweet. id love an ea81t car. but since parts are hard to find and i already have one car like that (73 wagon) i dont want another. so it will be ea82 for me. as for lift im not shure if im going to make mine or just order one up from pk, ive made one lift is all and were still working on the stearing. (ea81 wagon with 8in of lift) anyway thanks for the responsis again.