Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For the past few weeks, when first turning wheels (actually as they are returning to center), there is a sound from the front right (passenger) side that sounds like the wrong answer buzzer on Jeopardy. It seems from the right side of engine/tire area. It only happens once at new startup and lasts just a second. Legacy GT 2000

ABS?

I'd try another answer but I'm sure I'll get the wrong answer buzzer so I'm throwing it out to you for a try.

Well well, at long last some people seem to be "normal" on this forum.

I too , experience weird and wonderful buzzes , whooshings, and squeaks when I start my Legacy. The nice thing is, it always starts. This is without any operator interference.

When I first got the car, I treated it like my old DL wagon, like usin the gas pedal to give it fuel . I quickly realised that this machine is so different.

I now get up , get dressed (when I remember) and get in the car, turn on the key, without starting it, and just wait for it to do all its queer things and noises.

Fuel pump -on

antenna -up

click click lhs - on

da dada noise-on

mrmmrrm sound-on

and various other things, depending on the outside Temp.

I love this bit of the morning, its like the pre flight checks that pilots have to make on their aircraft, but its all done automatically for you. It has never let me down.

Once all has settled down , I turn the key and start.

I then reverse, slowly, and turn sharp right hand down.

another set of sounds begin.

Then I await clearance from air traffic control, during which time I try to remember how to work the A/C thing to just get "de-mist" and some heat.

wonderful vehicles, even with their odd noises.

then its time for take off.

hey, by the way , did you all read that post about "weird electrical problems"

I could not stop laughing. I think the guy must be on the same silly wavelength as me.

I just loved his "personal quote" too.

there is hope for us all yet.

was out too too late last nite, and had whisky, which I never normally drink.

Made me a bit silly today. AND the clocks have changed here to GMT .

CONFUSED????????????????/

cheers , John