Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Phantom No Start Problem w/ '93 Impreza HELP!!!!!!

I'm totally stumped on this one, I've checked every thread on this board and not really found the same problem, I have a 1993 Impreza L, 1.8 L, AT. If the engine is cold it starts with no problem or hesitation. If it is warmed up to normal operating temp. and I shut it off it will not re-start, until I leave it sit and get totally cold. When I try to start it(warm) I turn the key to start, and nothing, not even the normal clicking as if the battery were low/dead. I have no CEL or any trouble codes. I am at my wits end with this, the closest thing I can think of is the ignitor module, but I don't see why it would start right away with no problems if it's cold and not start when hot if it's a bad module. I tried to see if SofA had a TSB for this but all they replied was they've never heard of this and to take it to the dealership, which I see as a waste cause with no trouble codes they won't be able to diagnose it either. Please HELP!!!!!!

thanks guys, it probably is the solenoid, i was messing with everything today and thought i had it licked and the last time i tried it the same thing happened, i popped the hood and banged on the solenoid a couple of times, and it started right up, looks like i'm gonna hafta replace the starter cause no parts stores around here sell just the solenoids or a rebuild kit for the solenoid, yeah well at least it'll be fixed(fingers crossed)