Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Power to rear gate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Surfdougyfresh

Surfdougyfresh

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Middle East

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:26 AM

I'm in the process of diagnosing my rear gate power lock actuator issue. It's a '98 OBW w/2.5L. I pulled everything apart the other day, put an ohm/amp meter on the power connection, switched the power locks on/off a few times to find nothing on the meter. Ran 12V through the actuator to have it swing so I don't think it's the actuator. I inspected the wires running through the top of the gate, no wear there. I checked out the fuses and have access to a Haynes book, but didn't find much in either of those places. All the other doors work like a charm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? The plate lights and rear washer fluid pump don't seem to be operational either.

I hate electrical!

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:17 AM

Electrical is very linear. Don't be intimidated. The fact that you have a problem with a branch of the circuitry involving plate lights and rear washer as well as the rear actuator would point you to a junction or multiconnector where they all come together as the culprit. I don't have Haynes but check to see if by chance these three items are on one fuse and make certain WITH YOUR OHMETER that the fuse governing this area is OK.
If they are not on the same fuse or the fuse tests OK. Then check out the electrical schematic (does Haynes have one) and follow the lines.
Sorry I can't be more specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users