Ultimate Subaru Message Board

shoehorn ea82 carbbed into 83 wagon with 5spd d/r

Guest MilesFox

Guest MilesFox

. Now i have an 8a82 carbbed motor i will stuff into my 83 wagon. the 5spd dr is alreadt there. I know that i need to modify the framerails for it to fit. but before i start i would like some input from those who have tackled this feat. are there any pictures of the process. I would like to know what to expect. But i can figure it out as i go. I'll keep my progress posted here and updated.

Guest rguyver

It's not a good pic but you can see that the dist. is a little tight to you might have to get a diffrent master cilnder some of them the breaklines come off on the fender side , i think they are the ones that dont have the hill holder . brat-2-motor.bmp

Guest MilesFox

the motor mounts should line up, right? or will i have to use ea81 mounts. About how much do you have to cut away from the frame rails? I have the motor out. i'll take some measurements. as of yesterday the motor is going into another car. but i can use the other motor to get things measured, and it will be ready for the motor that works once i fix the other motor.