Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Can sombody help me about few question. I am a owner of Subaru Outback 2003.

1. My car come with out Security System can i install it by my self.

2. Is possibly to install VCD to my car or is it to complicated.

3. I like to install remote start to my subaru, have sombody try it.

I have some experiential working in carelectricity but i do not now how the system is in the subaru. I got all the wiring diagram from the servics manual.

Best regards

Boddi from Iceland :burnout:

well for the security system if it will work with your vehichle since I don't know if it's compatable for cars outside the US and Canada here is the installation guide for it for your specific car and you will hafta have acrobat reader to open this

http://www.subaruparts.com/guides/2001MY_68J_H4_Security_System_Installation_Instructions_rev_.pdf

and you can get the parts at www.subaruparts.com

Welcome to the board!

I put a Subaru Factory security system in my car and it was no big deal. The instructions are detailed and make the job simple.

Good luck,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer, no security system, locks or doors

01 Forester, now with factory security sustem

I would look on ebay and see if anyone is selling an OEM Subaru system that was made for your car. They are plug-and-play.

I am not sure what you mean by VCD but I am going to assume you mean some sort of video system. If you know your way around the 12volt system I wouldn't worry about it too much. Remember...measure twice, cut once. Monitors are easy. I have done some insane installs so I know it can be done if you put your mind to it and use all available rescources. www.the12volt.com is a usefull place for car audio nuts.

If you buy an OEM unit from Subaru it might already have this feature. If not you could be looking at a small challenge trying to get it to work with your OEM system. On the other hand you could do it all yourself. I would reccomend an Alpine or DEI alarm with remote start. That way everything works like it is supposed to. They come with detailed instructions. Do your homework and then dive in head first.

Good luck. I will be here if you need any other answers.

Greg (ex-installer) I'm a computer geek now!