Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Impreza Sedan I'm fixing for my 16 year old daughter won't start.

It's a 95 AWD 5-Speed EJ18...with about 125k(hard miles) on the ticker

It's cranking over fine, it's getting good fire to the plugs, but won't start.

It will stumble a little like it's tring to start, but won't quite start.

I'm thinking a fuel delivery issue, but I can hear the pump kick on, and there is fuel in the line to the fuel rails, but doesn't seem to have much pressure when I take the line loose...

So could it be a FPR problem, or could the fuel pump be running, but not pumping enough pressure?

Most fuel pump problems I've had the pump just seizes up, usually if it runs, it works....so I'm confused....

Any suggestions would be welcome...

Thank in advance,

Huck

Well, since you're getting fuel at the rails you've probly got an injector problem. Unless you're not getting enough fuel, which I would diagnose as an FPR problem. If the pump is getting fuel all the way to the rails, it should be fine.

I probably haven't told you anything you don't already know :-\ , but that's all I can think of.

Well, since you're getting fuel at the rails you've probly got an injector problem. Unless you're not getting enough fuel, which I would diagnose as an FPR problem. If the pump is getting fuel all the way to the rails, it should be fine.

I probably haven't told you anything you don't already know :-\ , but that's all I can think of.

Thanks Michael....

I'm going to try to borrow a fuel pressure tester to see if it's getting enough pressure tonight...

Well, I got 37-38 psi with the FPR unplugged....what is the pressure supposed to be on it? It's just supposed to be 30 psi on the XT6...so I figure it's the same on the Impreza....but maybe not?

It's got good spark, and it's in time....don't know why it won't start....:confused: