Ultimate Subaru Message Board

An easy one: Loyale chime (buzzer) location

ianw

Here is an easy question for anyone with a 92 Loyale wagon:

When my 92 4WD Loyale wagon was brand new I disconnected the chime to alert me that the key was in the ignition and the door was open. Finding the chime was easy - just follow the sound!

Now I find the reverse problem is much harder -finding it and reconnecting it. I can't recall where it is!

So where is the chime? Could some please open their door with the key in and let me know?

Thanks in advance!

--Ian

To disable the Key + Door open chime I unplugged the key switch instead of the chimer, same effect. except the chime comes on when you turn the car to "on" for like 15 sec. But doesn't come on when door open key in. Just in case anyone else is wondering about this. And doesn't want to take out their stereo.

And doesn't want to take out their stereo.

You can get to the chimer/pink connecter by removing just the lower trim panels, a bit easier than pulling the stereo. I had mine unpluged this weekend while working under the dash with the door open, but plugged it back in when I was done, I dont mine the soft chime so much... a lot better that the grating buzzer in my Suburban.:-\

Gary

hah! mine up and died on me! well, it was more of a gradual thing. chimes started getting shorter in length then eventually just started clicking. dont matter to me either way. in fact, id rather it be off - reminded me of my alarm clock. this post was pointless. oh well.