Ultimate Subaru Message Board

remove radio from 1992 loyale dash

See the black surround around the face of the radio? Hook your fingers behind it where it meets the rest of the dash and pull. It eill pop right off, ther is 4 phillips screws right at the front of the radio bracket and a couple back in the middle of the sides. The antenna connector is behind the left side of the bucket attached to the bottom of the center console. It is a black connector, just pull to disconnect. Aftermarket radios will either stick out from the console when installed or be installed at an upwards leaning angle, as the vent and heater core box limit the space for the radio. The rear door speakers are a bolt in swap from any older wagon, just cut the right sized hole in the door trim, and snap the connector on, its already there and wired up.

Aftermarket radios will either stick out from the console when installed or be installed at an upwards leaning angle, as the vent and heater core box limit the space for the radio. The rear door speakers are a bolt in swap from any older wagon, just cut the right sized hole in the door trim, and snap the connector on, its already there and wired up.

My JVC aftermarket CD player fits perfect in my 92.I got an adapter plate for it and the completed assembly looks perfect. The fun part was just getting the wiring to behind to play nice.Lucky I have small hands.:)