Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was thinking about trying to weld up a cat delete pipe for my 90 legacy wagon. It is hollow as it is but I believe this is the reason I am loosing some of my performance and it sounds like sheeot. Has anybody ever done one or know of a sho that has? Doesn't look that hard if you have the tools available. (pipe notcher, pipe bender, pipe expander, saw and torch) I have none of these tools and only know how to use a few (worked at Midas when I was much younger) so if anyone has any thoughts please feel free to send it my way. I was thinking about getting a system like mine from the salvage yard and making a jig to hold it while I try to moddify it. That way none of the demensions change. I want to hear what the Roo public has to say....

If you look at the headers (manifold) and the cat you will notice that if the cat was gone and the pipes were longer, they would meet at some point. I was going to make what is known as a crossover pipe or a "y" pipe. Basically extend both pipe so that the drivers side meets the passengers side. Then I would notch the pass side and weld the drivers side pipe to it and then attach the pass side to the rest of the exhaust. Basically it would look like a "Y". I have the picture in my head I just don't have to tools to make such a product.

If there is a will...there is a way..

I wish someone would have told me that a long time ago. I would have done that instead of hacking my system. What years will fit? How much modification needs to be done? I think I am going to run catless but use a good muffler like a flow master. Maybe I will make it sound like a lawn mower (rice burner) you hear flying down the streets of america.

I believe the 2.5's started in the mid 90's. Anything around that vintage or late 90's should have the type of exhaust setup you need. I can't tell you though whether the mount point on the tranny will be the same however.

You really should run at least a high flow cat. The car will more then likely run worse. The exhaust needs a little back pressure.