Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Code 24 From TCU....Please Advice

Hello everyone

I got the code from ECU 24. The duty c solenoid.( Torque binding ) I did search the forum and knew that the problem can be at ECU( posted by patcal ) ,wiring harness as well, and the solenoid itself

My questions are

1) Can I do a trany flush and chemically clean the internal parts using lubeguard trany flush kit? Will that help duty c solenoid to function again?

2) If the above method will not work, what parts do I need to replace the duty c solenoid? In other words, what parts do I need to order from Subaruparts to finish the job?

3) How long will the job take? Any special tool required?

Thanks a lot!!!

95 Legacy wagon auto AWD

You should try a couple of things first - a flush and the 2WD fuse under the hood. I would try the fuse first, if it works then you know the solenoid is still functioning. And if you do decide to flush it, I've used seafoam trans-tune with good results.

If neither of these work and you've determined that it is the solenoid itself, it's not hard to replace. There are no special tools required to get the extension case off. You have to drop the exhaust and rear drive line, disconnect a couple of electrical lines, and then the housing just unbolts and comes off. The solenoid is in the housing itself and is easy to get to. The only real trick comes in putting it back together - you have to line up all the clutch pieces to get the housing back on, and it can be frustrating. Look at Legacy777's website for the service data on the housing and solenoid, I think it has the disassembly instructions as well. Good luck. Dave.

Thanks guys

I tried to 15 amp fuse in, but still get the torque binding and the flash oil temp light at every startup.

I am going to try and flush the trany using seafoam, and hopefully that will clear all the gunk in the duty c solenoid.

Thanks again

BTW

What parts do I need to get to the solenoid? Exhaust gaskets? Part #??