Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look what I found: EA81 race pics!... now more.....

Guest LeoneTurbo

Guest LeoneTurbo

Leone3.jpg

Leone1.jpg

These pics where taken in 1982 and 1983 during the Fuji 1000km, where the Leone 4WD was the first 4WD car to be used in Japanese endurance races.

More info at www.jprova.co.jp.

*edit: changed the subject only

Guest Turbone

I wonder if its the Turbo version or the Dual Carbs? Nice pics, with the number of coupes I have, I should (like to) do something like that.

Rob

Guest LeoneTurbo

They used it in 82 and 83, so I dunno about the turbo engine. More likely dual carb EA81.

I'm wondering if they used the same engine / intake / exhaust parts as shown on the BYB a few weeks ago.

Rims look like 15", maybe a different offset though, as they used the wider wheelarches to compensate for the wider track.

Guest ProjectRudy

UltimateRX will have more of these and more EA81 pics. They were in the group of pics that I found. He was going to put them into a web page for me, but I haven't heard from him for a while. He will have a few more pics of this car, including ones of it in the pits.

Guest UltimateRX

Rudy, I though I was going to get a list of how you wanted these picture sorted. I hope you have DSL or cable, because when I send you the folder for the web page, it will have all the pics in it too.

Guest OH Noah

WOW!! That car is almost exactly what I had in mind for my '81 Coupe that I'm putting the EJ22 into. I've even got the front spoiler for it! I'm thinking about using Pug wheels, so I may need fender flares like that too.

Guest LeoneTurbo

I'd be looking forward to seeing more of those 'Competition EA81 pics'.

Please post the link when all's done, RudyProject and UltimateRX!

Guest ProjectRudy

I ran out of time at work before my contract ended. I thought I sent an email but obviously I didn't. Anyway, I don't have the pics on me at all, so I cant send a list :( . Maybe I can just get some webspace and then you could stuff it there. Maybe, up to you......

Guest LeoneTurbo

I've got my own server, space enough. Maybe I can setup something together with Corky, a link on his page and the big sized stuff on my server. Just drop me a line, Rudy and Corky.

Guest Hondasucks

I can't host them for posting on the board, but I could put them on my web space and post a link to a page with the pictures on it.. I think I discovered a new paint scheme for my 4WD sedan :-)

Guest Turbone

Enough all ready! Somebody post em, I want to see em! Even e-mail the pics to me. I can put a few on my site. If thier really good, I'll rebuild my site to accommodate.

Rob

Guest ProjectRudy

Marnix, that would be cool. But I feel I've just dumped it on everyone else which isn't cool. But I'd be happy for someone to do so. Corky what's your view??

My opinnion is that if they're displayed somewhere, anywhere in just a list format of image names, then it means anyone and everyone can see and enjoy them. :)

I would have done it myself if I had some webspace and the know how..... damn my mechanical mind......

Guest UltimateRX

Rudy, I'll try to get something done this weekend, but the Ultimate RX is just about ready to fire up, so I might be busy. Marnix, that would be great if we could store them on your server. I wonder if I could map to it from mine, that would make transfer of files much easier, and allow me access so if we need to add, delete, or modify the links, I could do it without delays.

Guest LeoneTurbo

I would have to cut that short with a friend of mine (one of the guys I'm doing the-edzj.com with). Send me an e-mail with what you want.

Guest UltimateRX

I don't have a problem with McBrat posting them, all I was doing for you was organizing them into folders with a simple cover page to get you started on a web page. I can still do that if you want.