Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Online factory service manual (FSM)

Okay I just bought my first Subie....:banana: Well actually 2 subaru's. To make one good one and have lots of spare spares. 1987 EA82 SPFI D/R 5 speed Wagon. Its got some engine problems so thru my searching I found the Online Factory Service Manuals on http://www.finleyweb.net/default.asp?id=142 when I look at the EA82 manual it comes up as a 1989 manual. Where there any major differences between this 1989 manual and my 1987 car? I won't bore you will the details of the problems unless I can't figure it out.

BTW - I normally would just purchase the correct manual but I want to start tearing into it over the weekend...... And I've already borrowed a 'Hanyes' and a 'How to Keep Your Subaru Alive' books from Mudrat79 to help out with the problems. Just the more information the better.

only real difference between 87 and 89 is that in 87 they still offered a carb model.. Since yours is SPFI, 99% of everything is the same..

Sweet thats what I wanted to hear! :headbang:

I have a complete set for 87, if you need a couple pages I can snap some pictures, ie wireing diagrams ect. Good luck

If I run into that 1% part that I can't figure out because the online manual says one thing and the car is obviously different :banghead:, I will get a hold of ya. Thanks