Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newbie saying hello from NC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyPistol

LuckyPistol

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Triad

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

Just wanted to say hello, and thanks for a great site. I just bought a 1986 Subaru GL 1.8L. I need to just replace the oil pump, and she is as good as new (hopefully). She only has 152,000 on her. My valves tick, so I guess its the oil pump. See ya in the forums....

#2 redkard4

redkard4

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:58 PM

welcome to the board. we are getting several north carolinians on the board.

#3 themixtoo

themixtoo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Cleveland

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:28 AM

Just wanted to say hello, and thanks for a great site. I just bought a 1986 Subaru GL 1.8L. I need to just replace the oil pump, and she is as good as new (hopefully). She only has 152,000 on her. My valves tick, so I guess its the oil pump. See ya in the forums....

Welcome, this is newby Gary from Cleveland, Ohio.....Be carefull, after you install the new oil pump (fill that thing with vasoline before you install it) make sure you run the engine @ 2000 rpm's for 15 minutes or the ticking will not go away because your lifters will still have air in them. Been there done that. How do I know? Used to be Subaru parts manager in the 1980's at two different dealerships.

#4 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:36 PM

Good to have you aboard. Try some Mystery Marvel Oil on the lifters.

#5 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:43 PM

Not sure if your 86 is the same as an 82, but on the 82 (EA81 motor) there is a plate that the oil pump sits on and it's easy to crack when removing the oil pump.

Take a close look and be careful!

Welcome to the board and good luck,
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#6 Rallywagon

Rallywagon

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Western NC

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

Welcome, Lucky...from the other end of the state. I'm in Asheville. There's a handful of us on the board here in NC.

Let us know if you are heading to Asheville...we'll show you some trails for your car if you like to get off the beaten path.

Since you are a Sube enthusiast in my neck of the woods, (compared to all these pacific-northwesterners), I'd like to ask a favor. I am always on the lookout for an '83 or '84 wagon with no rust. I have an '84 with great interior and mechanicals and some mods, but the rust is killing me. If you find any, even 2WD, out your way with no rust, please let me know.

Thanks and welcome, again.

#7 CamoMan

CamoMan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Rougemont

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

Welcome...good to see more NC'rs here. Does anyone know who owns the lifted hatch on Buckhorn road near Hillsboro? I've seen it parked at a house and i THINK it didnt have tags. Might go ask the guy if its 4sale.

#8 the goat

the goat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • raleigh, nc

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:53 PM

A lifted hatch in hillsboro? Sweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users