Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Want the digital dash in my XT. I need the Digital Cluster too

Hi ya'll :D, i got my 87 subaru XT yesterday and i LOVE IT:lol: . It is the most fun car i have ever driven, except the subaru wrx i once drove, but anyways, the XT is awesome, but I am a nerd that loves the 80's :cool: , wish I lived the 80's, but I was born in 85. So with that said I want the cool digital cluster for my XT :slobber: . I know it has a turbo gauge and i do not have a turbo, but i do not care.

SO first I need the digital dash, the one for a manual, not the automatic so if you have one laying around TELL ME :brow:.

Second What do i need to get the digital dash working in the subaru???? Like what sensors and what not. PLEASE TELL ME:grin:

Thanks a ton.

Why not?????

IMO

1. they are not reliable

2. they are hard to come by in working order, if needed to replace one.

3. it will not "plug" straight into your dash...you"ll have to break out a wiring diagram and spilce it up.

4. you will need to change your senders from analog to digital ones

basically what Subaru_Styles is sayin is thats its a big pain in the arse. Do it if you want but a lot of people usually swap out the digidashes for the analog because they have so many problems:)

See that is just the thing, my analog dash as a ton of problems, so i figure it will be just as much work getting the analog to work as to convert to digital, I have do dash conversion on jetta before, I know it is alot of work, I do not mind it really at all.