Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Code 13???

on an '85 GL D/R 5-speed Carby, every trouble code listing I can find don't have a code 13 on it (for carby motors, some for FI but.........). My ECS light has been coming and going for months now, but the car has been sitting for a few weeks, and I drove it for a while today, and the light was on the whole time, so I checked the code when I got home, 13, and that's it. WTF is it trying to tell me?!?

Not sure about an 85 carby,but I imagine it is pretty mutch the same as an 84 carby in this regard.

Code 13 looks to be for the ignition pulse system in a 49 state MT car with a hitachi carb and analog dash.

FSM points to a series of troubleshooting charts in the FSM (and troubleshooting manual?)

Not sure about an 85 carby,but I imagine it is pretty mutch the same as an 84 carby in this regard.

Code 13 looks to be for the ignition pulse system in a 49 state MT car with a hitachi carb and analog dash.

FSM points to a series of troubleshooting charts in the FSM (and troubleshooting manual?)

I bet it is different, as all (?) '84s where EA81s, whereas this is an EA82

I bet it is different, as all (?) '84s where EA81s, whereas this is an EA82

I bet it makes no difference.

Emissions system logic didn`t change drasticly because of an extra camshaft.

84 and 85 turbos share trouble codes even though one is EA-81 and the other EA-82.

Easy enough to prove.Just remove the ignition pulse wire from the coil and see if a code other than 13 comes up.