Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interchangable 16" wheels or rims

Have the same question as regards any other wheel that will fit a Subaru. Specs on the stock wheel is 5 by 100mm bolt circle and an offset of either 42 or 48mm as I recall. The 5 by 100 is used by the following manufacturers that I know of.

Dodge Neon and Stratus, Volkswagon Golf and Jetta, current years, Chevy Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire as well as some older GM cars like Beretta. Last issue would be profile of the wheel and if it clears the caliper also diameter of center hole. Anybody out there had any luck using other wheels. Next plan being a trip to a wreckers with a floor jack to check clearances. Does anyone know of any websites that give complete specs on current wheels. Looking for 16"s for my GT and 15"s for my wifes 96 OBW.

REgards,

Glenn

See recent posting under Dodge rims on 98 GT. These are 15's but some Dodge cars trucks use 16's worth a try if they are 5 by 100 pattern. Also Chevy Beretta's came with a 16" oem rim, would need to check clearance.

my name is Kevin Y. too :)

but to answer your question: no. Any Subaru wheel (except Loyale, SVX, and 2005 WRX STi) can be used on any late model Subaru.

Kevin