Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Holley 180 no more power after 4600rpm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BobBrumby

BobBrumby

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Brisbane, Australia

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:03 AM

Yeh I have had my holley for a while and low to mid range is heaps better than the ****achi but after about 4600rmp does not pull at all and seems to go a little slower. I remember GD sayin his ea81 made good tourque out to 5500rpm. Could my fuel pump thats original i think not be putting out enough pressure? What is the stock pressure meant to taking in mind no fuel return on holley's. Or maybe bump the timing forwar a bit?

#2 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:13 AM

Yeh I have had my holley for a while and low to mid range is heaps better than the ****achi but after about 4600rmp does not pull at all and seems to go a little slower. I remember GD sayin his ea81 made good tourque out to 5500rpm. Could my fuel pump thats original i think not be putting out enough pressure? What is the stock pressure meant to taking in mind no fuel return on holley's. Or maybe bump the timing forwar a bit?

I assume that this is the "normal" 2-barrel progressive-opening Weber? Have you checked to make sure that you are getting full throttle opening?

I wouldn't think pressure would be so much of an issue as flow, since if the carb is not getting enough fuel the float needle would be unseated and almost any pressure would be enough. Have you done a hard run in the above 4600 rpm range, cut your ignition and rea the spark plugs? Lean or rich?

Have you checked to see if mechanical/centrifugal advance is functioning properly and reaching full advance?

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users