Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think I'm coming back...

well I've been away for a few years now. I decided to try out the BMW side of things, yes their quite the car. But subaru was my first...90 legacy w/ 273000 miles when sold (after the deer incident), and a 98 Legacy GT, which I really didn't think was that great...

I need input- I've read the reviews on the WRX & Sti. I need actual owners opionins about reliability as a daily driver. I'm in upstate NY, 2 hrs south of Canada and 1 hour west of Vermont, so we get snow...

Can anyone give me their 2 cents on these cars??? I'm in the market as soon as I sell mine...

for instance- I saw a 04 Sti with 16,000 miles on it, "older" owner going thru mid life thing... wants 27500... Is this a good deal?

Are thier any subaru car clubs/ Wrx Sti clubs? any places you can get discounts on parts?

As a member of the BMW CCA we got 25% off parts at "some" dealerships and 10% off on labor.

Thanks for any advice in advance

post-463-136027596831_thumb.jpg

Welcome!

This board is great, but for Impreza specific information, it's hard to beat the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, www.nasioc.com. There are forums specific to engine, brakes, suspension, just about everything you could think of. They even have regional forums and you could talk to people in your area.

I don't know if that is a good price for an STi, my only personal experience is with our TS, it's built on the new (since '02) Impreza platform and has the 165hp 2.5l engine. This is a great little car, does a lot of things well, but it's a far cry from the STi.

Steve