Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there anywhere (websites) a person can go to view body style changes of the years, so I could tell (for instance) what years the Legacy wagon body was one shape, what years the next shape, etc?

Thanks, Deke :-\

You can also go to www.Edmunds.com to look at pictures and specs of different year models of different cars, but the short story is that Subaru seems to go 5 years on their body styles. The 1st generation Legacy was '90-94. The 2nd generation Legacy/1st Generation OB was '95-'99, 3rd generation Legacy/2nd Generation OB was 2000-2004, and the new ('05) Legacy is distinctly different from the '04 model.

IMO (admittedly biased), the 1st Generation OB/2nd Gen Legacy is the best looking Subaru, but I have to say those '05's are sweet, especially the ones with the hood scoop. I don't care for the 2000-'04 body style, but they do have some nice features like Limited Slip differential and the gated AT shifter.

IMO (admittedly biased), the 1st Generation OB/2nd Gen Legacy is the best looking Subaru, but I have to say those '05's are sweet, especially the ones with the hood scoop. I don't care for the 2000-'04 body style, but they do have some nice features like Limited Slip differential and the gated AT shifter.

I too think the 1st generation OB are the best, but I love the 05 also.

BTW is the 96-99 obw sit higher than the 00-04?

When my 96 is parked next to my father-in-laws 02 mine looks to sit higher??

There ya go ... it's all a matter of personal taste.

I was undecided about the new ('05) body style until I parked our '00 Legacy next to one. Having seen them together I MUCH prefer the '00-'04 series.

The new body looks contrived and pretentious to me. I like the clean uncluttered looks of the mid model. I especially dislike the hood strakes on the new ones. Reminds me of a '57 Chevy ... my least favorite shoebox, for the same reasons.

As for the recent auto show styling exercises from Subaru, if this is the future of the marque, I will be forever doomed to drive OLD Subarus.