Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 axles and XT6 axles. What are the differences?

Yes, since the hubs are dramatically different from the 4-lug hubs, they won't interchange. I'm pretty sure the XT6 axles are like the new-gen axles in that you don't have to press them (or vigorously hammer them :D) in and out of the hub.

However, I do believe that the inner joint is the same on both the EA82 cars and the XT6, same spline count and everything, so if you have an XT6 suspension setup on your EA82 car, you should just be able to use XT6 axles. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

I wish Dennis ex24 still frequented the board, because his (now avatar382's) monster XT has an EA82 trans (RX D/R) with an XT6 suspension... He could answer that question for sure. Maybe subaru_styles or Corky could chime in too...

The shaft that goes through the hub is very different. It is also different than the impreza's axles.

The trans side has the same number of splines as turbo trans's... as well as impreza axles. The XT6 axles are a good bit larger than stock, so are Impreza's.

Simple formula: Use axles from the same car as the hub.