Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

90 legacy with door lock that sticks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jelly man

jelly man

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Orem, Utah

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:39 PM

I have a 91 legacy wagon with a passenger door that will not open on the inside unless you hold the door lock rocker open while pulling the door handle. I searched the posts and have found others with a similar problem but no solution posted.
Problem solved! It was a sticking electric door lock.

#2 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:20 PM

Thats weird mine does the same thing. I just thought it was my car only that did that. I have to unlock the passengers side door and crawl thru to the drivers side to unlock the doors. The drivers side outside lock just spins when I out the key in.

#3 lefty42303

lefty42303

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Kentucky

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:38 PM

If you search the internet for "early Legacy locks" you will discover a posting that explains how to fix this. I have same problem on my '90 Legacy sedan but haven't tried it yet. If you can't find it post again & I will try to get website for you.

Jim

#4 jelly man

jelly man

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Orem, Utah

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

I searched and found the page on early legacy locks before I started this thread. That was clearly not the problem in this case and a few others were wrongly referred to that post when they had a problem similar to mine. It's definitely not the broken plastic hook for the spring in the lock remote. The electric lock selonoid jams and puts continual tension on the lock requiring you to push the rocker to counter the force while opening the door lever. The solution just required cycling the electric door locks until they finally worked. It helps to put pressure on the rocker while when cycling the door locks. That way it locks and unlocks every time.

#5 farquar7

farquar7

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Trumbull

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

I searched and found the page on early legacy locks before I started this thread. That was clearly not the problem in this case and a few others were wrongly referred to that post when they had a problem similar to mine. It's definitely not the broken plastic hook for the spring in the lock remote. The electric lock selonoid jams and puts continual tension on the lock requiring you to push the rocker to counter the force while opening the door lever. The solution just required cycling the electric door locks until they finally worked. It helps to put pressure on the rocker while when cycling the door locks. That way it locks and unlocks every time.

I have this problem w/ a '91 Legacy on all the doors. They require holding the lock mechanism open w/ using the door handle. It also (seemingly) randomly locks the driver's door when it's closed. Is there a single solenoid/module/whatever causing this?

#6 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,652 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

here's the problem, and the fix

http://www.geocities...gary/locks.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users