Ultimate Subaru Message Board

who has the ultimate subaru?

Guest Dennis ex24

Guest Nomad267

K...thats a boss Honda shredder if I ever saw one...

Shoot, with all its got, I wouldn't even challenge bbitner in my Grand Prix!

Nice Job!

Guest E Zap

You guys haven't seen Chuck's version of the XT6. Picture one all tall with Superswamper type tires on it, a BADASS rollcage and full racing EVERYTHING!. If you had been in a ride in it, you wouldn't bother putting up pictures of plain old XT's with nothing visible but pug wheels.

I had the pleasure/terrifying chance to go for a ride in it. Nothing like tearing thru the woods at godaweful speeds and catching all sorts of air and nose diving into the ground, helmet bouncing off the roof and rollcage the whole time, fingers gripping the rollcage with all my strength. . . (you should have seen the motorcycles scatter to get out of the way!)

No, I'm sorry Skip, but if you ever had a chance to experience Chuck's XT, you would most likely take that back. ;) 99.9% sure of that.

Zap

Guest Mike W

Oh man I had forgotten about that amazing beast. That car gets my vote for most insane and/or "ultimate". I was scared %$%less just standing there watching! Those tractor tires were throwing softball sized rocks flying 50' or so when he launched up the hill and over that jump. Damn that thing hauled. I think the Back Yard Boys would fully approve of that XT6.

Zap, having been there I do not doubt you word in the least.

I guess I was kind of keeping this poll "in the family" so to speak.

I remember seeing that beast in one of your photos, if I was doin the mud run I'd have at it.

IF on the other hand I was doin the twisties-- well you get the point.

I guess it all falls under the catagory of "what ever floats yer boat" or "bogs you up"

Guest subynut

Whoa! All you ever need! One to torment the hondas, and one to torment the motorcycles! Life can't get better then this!!

Guest E Zap

I gotcha Skip. But if you want corners, my buddy Sean has an Impreza RS that can do some amazing things at over a 100 in the corners on the street circuit. . . mods like you read about in magazines. Lots of time on the professional track. The funny thing is, he'd rather drive our 87RX, the impreza just sits in the garage with bad tabs now. Says a lot for the RX, huh?

aces in the hole a plenty. . . hehe

Zap

PS thanks for the feedback on that second photo. Almost there. . .

BTW, I sold the Pathfinder, 83 lifted weber'd brat, and the XT to fund this one. I mean business this time. :rollin:

Zap,

I to have a slightly modified 2.5 RS, not all the goodies but a few. She loves the twisties.

BUT I agree with you If I found an RX like Doctor Rx has, the RS would take a back seat.

Something about those cars that makes my juices squirt.

On your Brat, when you say "I mean business this time" If I were in your neck of the woods, I would be lookin over my shoulder constantly!! Tis gonna be a Mean Machine-NO doubt about it

Guest myxalplyx

V8Killa.jpg

It did what no-one else thought could be done. Muhahahaha!

This was before the intercooler addition. I really don't know who has the ULTIMATE scooby. Different ones are liked for different reasons. I love them all. L8Rs

Guest Witte

Yup, the wagon. Going with something other than the H6. I'm selling off the H6 swap if anyone is interested in it. Simply decided even as close as I am I'd be better off going a different route, and I can see how the high compression H6 would be good for some of the off-road nuts.

Guest subynut

Nice Looking wagon, McBrat! I like that graphic on the side. Looks good.

qman:

How much do those tires howall on the hiway? Or, do you just stay away from hiway speeds? ;)

• 3 weeks later...