Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

XT seats in a Brat?????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Subaru4WD_*

Guest_Subaru4WD_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2000 - 08:34 PM

I was admiring a XT the other day, and was staring at the seats that were in it.
I would love to have a set in my Brat... do they share the same bolt patern?

-Brian

#2 Guest_Adam N.D.J._*

Guest_Adam N.D.J._*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2000 - 06:04 AM

I don't think they have the same pattern. Different year, different models. but there might be some way to modify things. Uh, wait a minute, have I been out of things that long? When did ya get a Brat Brian? Catch ya laters.

#3 Guest_GeoffreyR_*

Guest_GeoffreyR_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2000 - 11:36 AM

Wow, Adam... you must've been out of it for a long time... cuz Brian's had his brat for amost what, 6 months now?

#4 Guest_scoobydoo_*

Guest_scoobydoo_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2000 - 12:44 PM

They are way different. A friend of mine has XT seats in his GL-10 sedan, but it involves lots of fabrication. He charges about $150+ seats to install them.

#5 Guest_Subaru4WD_*

Guest_Subaru4WD_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2000 - 05:37 PM

Ive had this Brat since the end of October. Slowly fixing the problems with it.

I have pictures of it on my site.

I would love to have some XT Seats in my Brat.
Along with the FT 4WD Tranny :)
-Brian

#6 Guest_bratsrus1_*

Guest_bratsrus1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2000 - 06:24 PM

Hi Brian This is Jerry,i think it can be done rather easy.The way i would do it is get a one quarter inch flat plate the size of your widest seat mounting bracket with will be about 2 foot square. Drill 4 holes in the metal so they line up with the xt seat slides.Bolt your seat to the flat matal then weld your original seat brackets to the flat plate.Then you can bolt your seats back in the same holes in your car.It will raise your seat about one inch. Thanks Jerry

#7 Guest_Adam N.D.J._*

Guest_Adam N.D.J._*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2000 - 03:54 AM

Ohkay, I remember now, sheesh, I feel like stupid. I think the sun over here might be frying me slowly, I can't wait to get back to the kewl mountains of the pacific coast. Ahhh. Catch ya all laters.

#8 Guest_GeoffreyR_*

Guest_GeoffreyR_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2000 - 09:52 AM

Oh, Adam... you poor thing... you know as well as anyone that sun can be fatal to northwesterners... :0

#9 Guest_Subaru4WD_*

Guest_Subaru4WD_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2000 - 10:23 AM

We're getting our sun back.
And our mud and dirt! :)
-Brian

#10 Guest_mrcody_*

Guest_mrcody_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2000 - 01:28 PM

I got seats from my in-law's Subaru and put them in my Brat. I think they had a GL-Sedan but not sure if they are the same as they XT. They are wider and the base is longer. I had to take the brackets off my old seat, drill an extra hole and attach them to the new seats. Then I had to drill another hole in the floor to attach the sliders on the adjustment side. I drove around for a while without doing this but had to leave the seat all the way back. Never had a problem with the seat sliding forward on hard stops but it can happen so I don't advise it. My wife couldn't drive my car during that time because she has short legs. Go luck trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users