Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT seats in a Brat?????

Guest Subaru4WD

Guest Subaru4WD

I was admiring a XT the other day, and was staring at the seats that were in it.

I would love to have a set in my Brat... do they share the same bolt patern?

-Brian

Guest Adam N.D.J.

I don't think they have the same pattern. Different year, different models. but there might be some way to modify things. Uh, wait a minute, have I been out of things that long? When did ya get a Brat Brian? Catch ya laters.

Guest scoobydoo

They are way different. A friend of mine has XT seats in his GL-10 sedan, but it involves lots of fabrication. He charges about $150+ seats to install them.

Guest Subaru4WD

Ive had this Brat since the end of October. Slowly fixing the problems with it.

I have pictures of it on my site.

I would love to have some XT Seats in my Brat.

Along with the FT 4WD Tranny :)

-Brian

Guest bratsrus1

Hi Brian This is Jerry,i think it can be done rather easy.The way i would do it is get a one quarter inch flat plate the size of your widest seat mounting bracket with will be about 2 foot square. Drill 4 holes in the metal so they line up with the xt seat slides.Bolt your seat to the flat matal then weld your original seat brackets to the flat plate.Then you can bolt your seats back in the same holes in your car.It will raise your seat about one inch. Thanks Jerry

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Ohkay, I remember now, sheesh, I feel like stupid. I think the sun over here might be frying me slowly, I can't wait to get back to the kewl mountains of the pacific coast. Ahhh. Catch ya all laters.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrcody

I got seats from my in-law's Subaru and put them in my Brat. I think they had a GL-Sedan but not sure if they are the same as they XT. They are wider and the base is longer. I had to take the brackets off my old seat, drill an extra hole and attach them to the new seats. Then I had to drill another hole in the floor to attach the sliders on the adjustment side. I drove around for a while without doing this but had to leave the seat all the way back. Never had a problem with the seat sliding forward on hard stops but it can happen so I don't advise it. My wife couldn't drive my car during that time because she has short legs. Go luck trying.