Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81 turbo engine wireing question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:10 PM

I've got this wire, on the back of the moter, it's yellow. Not plugged in, it comes out of one end of the engine wire harness, then theres the other end going back into the engine harness, When I plug it in, it doesn't seem to make any diffrence to the way the engine runs, or make any lights pop up in the dash. It sits right under the oil fil tube, infront of the bell housing, anyone have any clue what this is? Thanks.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:21 AM

Have you installed the stock temp sensor yet?

#3 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:43 PM

Austin and I worked with that last night, We didn't install it, but we figured out the resistances of the temp senders, and put a resister in of equal value making the car gauge show that it was running at normal temp, And it did infact effect how the car ran. So we know now that the temp sender is important to the ecu. I haven't figured out a way to get the stock temp sender in yet, So in the mean time, I'm just going to wire in a variable resister and have it so the car thinks it's cold when it's cold, and thinks it's warm when it's warm so hopefully it doesn't run rich on this time to pass. If that doesn't stop it from running to rich for emissions, I'll just pay for the waver and get it over with. But I was still trying to figure out what that disconnected wire's purpose was...

#4 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:31 PM

never mind didn't read it enough :)

#5 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,796 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 13 November 2004 - 04:35 PM

Pictures speak a thousand words!

#6 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:44 PM

I'll go get a picture then later tonight:)

#7 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:04 PM

I located the original sender. Let me know when you want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users