Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 turbo engine wireing question

I've got this wire, on the back of the moter, it's yellow. Not plugged in, it comes out of one end of the engine wire harness, then theres the other end going back into the engine harness, When I plug it in, it doesn't seem to make any diffrence to the way the engine runs, or make any lights pop up in the dash. It sits right under the oil fil tube, infront of the bell housing, anyone have any clue what this is? Thanks.

Austin and I worked with that last night, We didn't install it, but we figured out the resistances of the temp senders, and put a resister in of equal value making the car gauge show that it was running at normal temp, And it did infact effect how the car ran. So we know now that the temp sender is important to the ecu. I haven't figured out a way to get the stock temp sender in yet, So in the mean time, I'm just going to wire in a variable resister and have it so the car thinks it's cold when it's cold, and thinks it's warm when it's warm so hopefully it doesn't run rich on this time to pass. If that doesn't stop it from running to rich for emissions, I'll just pay for the waver and get it over with. But I was still trying to figure out what that disconnected wire's purpose was...