Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

i went 4wheelin kinda....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:29 PM

man i went to the local ORV park today for some fun in my little ol suby. its a blast here are a few pics of me getting stuck...

Posted Image

its bone stock with street tires. it seemed to suprise a few dirtbikers. i know these are not the most extreme off roaders nor were they built for it but man its fun anyway. :grin:

http://photobucket.c...efeld/ORV Park/

#2 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:40 PM

As long as you had fun, that's what it's all about!! Don't worry about your stock subie, I've had plenty of fun stompin around some gnarly stuff in my stock brats. I like to try to see what a stock brat'll do in some cases, its a learning process.

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,120 posts
  • WA

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:41 AM

Uh, was that local to Cheney? It almost looks like Cle Elum area.

#4 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:15 AM

well not really local to cheney, its off 7 mile road in Spokane. about 20 miles or so away from cheney.

#5 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:11 PM

Looks like a fun place man. Glad you got it out and got dirty! To me it don't matter what you offroad; it's the fact that you offroad that matters! :D

Were you stuck there? Prolly a lot more steep and deep in that hole than it looks on camera from that angle. Pictures rarely do you justice. Did you try flooring it up there next time? :lol:

#6 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:55 PM

My theory is.....if you can still move then your not stuck! :lol:

As I see it you could have backed up so you wouldn't be "stuck" :grin:

Looks like a great area
Wish it was by me :D

Good luck
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#7 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

yea your right. i wasn't stuck i could roll back. the hill was quite steep but not as steep as previous hills i have climbed, but the difference was that this dirt was real soft and real bumpy from cars digging holes and stuff. the last time i did it i didn't wuss out i went all out bouncing up and down, stuff flying around in the car :D im gonna go back out some time and explore the place some more. :)

#8 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:42 PM

yea your right. i wasn't stuck i could roll back. the hill was quite steep but not as steep as previous hills i have climbed, but the difference was that this dirt was real soft and real bumpy from cars digging holes and stuff. the last time i did it i didn't wuss out i went all out bouncing up and down, stuff flying around in the car :D im gonna go back out some time and explore the place some more. :)

Do it up man!

Time for some better tires :brow:

#9 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,397 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:31 PM

next time you go give me a shout.....i am also in spoki doki.maybe the brat willl be ready.if not we'll take the 4-runner.oh ,by the way ....i got my lift kit today in the mail and will be putting it in tomorrow.if you wanna check it out give me a holler....991-8048,brian
and by the way.....my old wagon went 4-wheelin all the time man...you would be amazed at all the stuff you can break :brow:

#10 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:20 AM

i hope to get some better tires for the winter. something a little more agressive. to bad were limited to next to no choices for 13in wheels. :(

#11 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:25 AM

i hope to get some better tires for the winter. something a little more agressive. to bad were limited to next to no choices for 13in wheels. :(

Search through what M+S tread patterns are avalable. Some manufactures, like Duralon, make some pretty aggressive M+S tires.

#12 maximumBRAT

maximumBRAT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Berthoud

Posted 21 November 2004 - 04:30 PM

I feel your pain... ug. my yokohamas are treating me okay, though.

#13 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 21 November 2004 - 05:21 PM

man i got some good snow/mud tires today :banana:

already found some mud to play in.

Posted Image

#14 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,106 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:16 PM

man i got some good snow/mud tires today :banana:

already found some mud to play in.

Good year ultra grips! I use those on my impreza for rallyx and snow. Great tires!!!

#15 LEGACYTUNER

LEGACYTUNER

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • MINNESNOWTA

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

look for winterforce M+S they are the most aggressive 13's ive found, i have them on my car and they rule in the mud, i assume they are excellent in snow too hence the name. here is a pic, check them out.
http://www.tirerack....force_ci1_l.jpg

here is a sidewall pic,

http://www.tirerack....force_ci2_l.jpg

:grin:

#16 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:30 AM

Nice tires man! They should do you good for now :) Might need to get a set of those for my KIA this winter... fronts are almost bald

#17 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,754 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:50 AM

Peter, we need to go wheelin' some time!

#18 PeterD

PeterD

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Renton/Cheney ( EWU )

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:29 AM

mitght just have to...maby play in the snow when i come back to the west side for winter break....wow i kinda lost track of this post. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users