Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i went 4wheelin kinda....

PeterD

man i went to the local ORV park today for some fun in my little ol suby. its a blast here are a few pics of me getting stuck...

ORVP2.jpg

its bone stock with street tires. it seemed to suprise a few dirtbikers. i know these are not the most extreme off roaders nor were they built for it but man its fun anyway. :grin:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v61/PeterDoellefeld/ORV%20Park/

As long as you had fun, that's what it's all about!! Don't worry about your stock subie, I've had plenty of fun stompin around some gnarly stuff in my stock brats. I like to try to see what a stock brat'll do in some cases, its a learning process.

Looks like a fun place man. Glad you got it out and got dirty! To me it don't matter what you offroad; it's the fact that you offroad that matters! :D

Were you stuck there? Prolly a lot more steep and deep in that hole than it looks on camera from that angle. Pictures rarely do you justice. Did you try flooring it up there next time? :lol:

yea your right. i wasn't stuck i could roll back. the hill was quite steep but not as steep as previous hills i have climbed, but the difference was that this dirt was real soft and real bumpy from cars digging holes and stuff. the last time i did it i didn't wuss out i went all out bouncing up and down, stuff flying around in the car :D im gonna go back out some time and explore the place some more. :)

yea your right. i wasn't stuck i could roll back. the hill was quite steep but not as steep as previous hills i have climbed, but the difference was that this dirt was real soft and real bumpy from cars digging holes and stuff. the last time i did it i didn't wuss out i went all out bouncing up and down, stuff flying around in the car :D im gonna go back out some time and explore the place some more. :)

Do it up man!

Time for some better tires :brow:

next time you go give me a shout.....i am also in spoki doki.maybe the brat willl be ready.if not we'll take the 4-runner.oh ,by the way ....i got my lift kit today in the mail and will be putting it in tomorrow.if you wanna check it out give me a holler....991-8048,brian

and by the way.....my old wagon went 4-wheelin all the time man...you would be amazed at all the stuff you can break :brow:

i hope to get some better tires for the winter. something a little more agressive. to bad were limited to next to no choices for 13in wheels. :(

Search through what M+S tread patterns are avalable. Some manufactures, like Duralon, make some pretty aggressive M+S tires.

i hope to get some better tires for the winter. something a little more agressive. to bad were limited to next to no choices for 13in wheels. :(
look for winterforce M+S they are the most aggressive 13's ive found, i have them on my car and they rule in the mud, i assume they are excellent in snow too hence the name. here is a pic, check them out.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/firestone/fs_winterforce_ci1_l.jpg

here is a sidewall pic,

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/firestone/fs_winterforce_ci2_l.jpg

:grin: