Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got a RX rear shock question..>.corky??

do the 85 rx 4 doors have the special dampening rear shocks?

and if so can someone post a part # for the unit(tokicos right?) so i am able to check if they are real or a stock replacement from another ea82.

I'm at work, I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but with your wagon, I think the extra weight will negate any advantage that these would have in a sedan.

Yep XT 4WD and XT6 are missing... but lookie here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17428&highlight=xt6+spring+rate+sway

I asked (and recieved) the info to fill out the chart awhile back, turns out the late RX struts are stiffer by far than anything else Subaru used on the EA cars. If someone was really industrious they could modify the chart to include all the data.

Gary

Yep XT 4WD and XT6 are missing... but lookie here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17428&highlight=xt6+spring+rate+sway

I asked (and recieved) the info to fill out the chart awhile back, turns out the late RX struts are stiffer by far than anything else Subaru used on the EA cars. If someone was really industrious they could modify the chart to include all the data.

Gary

The part numbers I have are the updated/superceded ones. And when you go to order them...they will either supercede to the latest...or those will be it. the ORIGINAL numbers are different...but are discontinued and are superceded with the ones I have.

So I guess the question is how do the currently available "RX" units compare with the original RX struts? Same dampening? Same as all other L series? Something completely different?

Gary

Thats what shock dynos are for...I guess I need to get some new ones and compare...

i would belive that subaru just ween'd out the RX struts...i highly doubt you can order them anymore..

OASN I heard they stop manufacturing 2wd xt6 front struts

You can still get them. They have thier own part number.