Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Squeeling on full wheel turning.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jazzician

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Vernon

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:21 PM

I have an 89 GL10 Turbo AWD and I just got a tear in the left front CV boot and now experiencing squeeling when I fully turn to the left and right (separately). Anyone have an idea what might be causing this? Just started to occur. Not sure if the CV boot and squeeling is related or not. The squealing lasts for 4 or 5 seconds then goes away.

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

Isn't this problem on PS cars usually caused by a maladjusted PS belt?

(I think that's what it is)

#3 archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:38 PM

yar, tighten your belt! =]

#4 jazzician

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Vernon

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:54 PM

Okee dokee pokees. Thanks for your belt tightening advice. I was wondering why my pants wouldn't stay up.

simon :-)

#5 Alexx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • California

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:48 AM

Just to complicate the issue.

Years ago a Subaru tech told me that if you have broken CV boot and you make a hard turn and you hear a clicking sound, you will have to replace the axle as well as the boot.

#6 jazzician

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Vernon

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:57 AM

Mmm, that may be a good thing as I think I have a 2wd axel on there currently (if there is such a thing). I'm finding out tomorrow.

#7 Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,180 posts
  • WA

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:56 AM

Yup, 2wd and 4wd axles are different in size. You can use a 2wd in a pinch with no problems on the road.

#8 DaveAP

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Prescott, Arizona

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:32 AM

In what way are the axels different. I have a problem with an axle on my '78 brat that is too short. I can't fit the flat washer on . The cone washer is on but in order to get a cotter pin through the hole I have to eliminate the flat one. I haven't driven it this way. (sitting as a project).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users