Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mid 90's Integra VS. 88' RX..& Thanks!

Well had a fun ride home from work today. Pulled up to a stop light near my house on my way home from work. All I can hear next to me is the sound of one those "Fart" (that's what I call them) rice mufflers getting revved to hell. So I glance over at what appears to be some sort of mid 90's Integra under a bunch of fiberglass ornaments and stickers of all sorts. Not to mention the 2 foot tall metal push bar wing on the back. Of course at the wheel is a 16-18yr old kid with a few of his friends in his car. I couldn't help but to chuckle a tad and my teenage years came flying back (I'm only 25 wasn't that long ago)..well WTF I'm putting my new engine in in just a few days right?. I will honestly say this IS the hardest I have driven this car since I bought it. I have really kinda babied it since I saw it was leaking a small amount of coolant from the exhaust bolt on the head. I was quite impressed actually! First time the turbo kicked in 1st gear on me (I know, I'm a lame rump roast), and it was right off the bat..well before I knew it I was in 4th gear and he was behind me. Barely, but behind. Whoops missed my turn, Whoops I'm doing 85 in a 40mph zone..ahh I miss being 16.

Good Notes: Ran incredible and was actually impressed, makes me wonder why I'm actually swapping motors. Oh yeah 200k and probable bad headgasket.

Bad Notes: 200k Transmission doesn't like to shift into 3rd under racing conditions. Just doesn't want to sync to well.

I didn't search after and buy an RX to build a race car, I did it because I love these more than any other 80's Subes. They have a slightly different style, handle slightly different, have slightly different options, and most important you don't see them everyday. But now I see why several of you have chosen them for rally cars and race cars. May sound strange but I am building mine back to stock, but adding the oil cooler/intercooler and a few other things for reliability not for more power. Trying to keep the looks as stock as possible. To end this terribly long rant..Thanks to everyone on this board for giving the rest of us the knowledge and ideas to keep and make our cars the best out there! Without you guys we wouldn't know where to begin, would get stuck in the middle, and wouldn't know how to finish half the stuff we work on. Most of my ideas come straight off this board!

i don't think racing on streets should be bragged about or posted on the board..

it puts innocent people in danger. i have had people in my life including myself

be invovled when cars are speeding each other on the roads.

plain and simple it = death, jail time, and lawsuits

just my .02

Wasn't really meant as a brag, kinda but not really. I was getting at the point I made further down. Which is that I understand now why people have chosen thosen those cars for rally/race cars. I never quite understood why anyone has dumped so much cash into these for actual racing. Was trying to keep things short and not go into that. I apologize for offending anyone. Done defending myself

you didn't offend me..i just wanted to comment..

I just wanted to point out. if that unexpeirenced kid had happend to loose control of his car he could have hurt someone bad . now you are liable. you will face criminal charges and lawsuits the will end up in very high 6 figure settlements. you'r insuraance will only cover so much..anything beyond that amount you would be acounted for...it would suck to go to jail and then have 400,000 dollar debt. even claiming bankruptcy will not fully wipe your slate clean. it's even worse if you are younger..even if your over 18, if your parents bought your car, pay your insurance(basically any support to you) then they can also be held liable...

the only reason i am saying this is i have been involved in a case were someone inoccent got hurt and i had no direct cause in the accident..2 years of my life were ruined to do all the stess from that..investigation, courts, etc...which also ending up in a larger settlemnt against me...

al i say is that it was some thing that i would never think could happen to me, but it did

the only reason i am saying this is i have been involved in a case were someone inoccent got hurt and i had no direct cause in the accident..2 years of my life were ruined to do all the stess from that..investigation, courts, etc...which also ending up in a larger settlemnt against me...

al i say is that it was some thing that i would never think could happen to me, but it did

Wow! I understand now. Last time I raced was at an abandoned airport in which some youngin claimed his uncle owned and said it was ok to race on. 35-45 people showed up and I was showing up to race this old work truck with a ladder on the back.......and a V10 Viper engine in it (name V10Cuda on the old Philly Street Racing Site). We all got cornered in and had to pay a fine. It was the only time I got caught but was the last time I did any street racing. Got too dangerous and out of control and was no longer fun. Glad it ended on that note instead of someone getting hurt. That was back in 1999-2000 I believe.

Anyways, glad you were able to keep up with the Integra . Be careful out there and take it to the track if you can.

Hey doctor, i too, at a rooky age enjoy the fruits of racing an RX. People underestimate the white box.

I cruise a lot. and race a lot. so shoot me, i think it's fun. I have yet to be in an accident when i was driving (other than that, i have been hit by a drunk man on a motorcycle riding with my mother) outside some damn lady in a cavalier decimating the rear bumper of the legacy.

And I ALWAYS have my '80 Snell behind my seat alond with a set of emegency coveralls.

.... I ...and race a lot. so shoot me, i think it's fun.

hopefullly, your "fun", will take care of that request of yours, and only involve you.

Ding Ding Ding

Winner

Street racing is bad.

Street racers are a danger to everyone and should be dealt with accordingly.

Oh.. and stock old Subarus are slow anyway

Take it to the track or do the world a favor and either sell your car or wrap it around a telephone pole.

Granted I do street race evey now and then but it kinda has not happened for awhile since both of my Camaros have been out of comission for awhile and the Brat currently is stripped and has no insurance either. I seen on the news last night that there were a bunch of morons street racing down a major busy street in Denver that ended up putting them all and innocent drivers in the hospital. One car that was racing had to have the people cut out of it because the car was so mangled. So racing on busy streets is baaaaad......especially when its about 5 in the afternoon and you're doing 70mph....

an '87 GL 4wd turbowagon on 8psi and a stock motor will take a '88 Prelude 2.0s, '98 Accord v6 auto, take a '87 RX7 with a Hayes racing motor off the line:D wait...did I say that outloud?;)

an '87 GL 4wd turbowagon on 8psi and a stock motor will take a '88 Prelude 2.0s, '98 Accord v6 auto, take a '87 RX7 with a Hayes racing motor off the line:D wait...did I say that outloud?;)

Having owned 2 of the 3 cars listed above(prelude was actaully an 87), I will agree. The 87 Turbowagon will definately outperform those cars.. for about 2 feet.